People & HR
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Our mission is the make sustainability affordable and accessible for everyone.
By offering financial solutions to homeowners, we’re making renewable energy and home improvements more accessible to the everyday Aussie.
Between Nov 2016 and Feb 2022, Brighte has facilitated the installation of solar systems for over 110,000 households. Currently we have 1700 GWh generated by our customers each year which is saving 1 million + metric tons on C02 emissions per year!
Our founder and CEO, Katherine McConnell, has been awarded Telstra Business Woman of the year in 2020 as well as winning the Sustainability Crusader award at B&T's 2023 Women Leading Tech Awards. She is a passionate and humble leader who has a human first approach to business. As a business we have been awarded AFR Sustainability Leader in the Banking and Finance category and won the inaugural Sustainability Award at the Affies!
We value different perspectives, skills and backgrounds and have been recognised for our strength in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, winning Best Workplace Diversity (Finnies 2021).
Like what you've read so far? Read on for info on this role!
You will partner with leaders across a diverse range of disciplines from our Customer-facing Operations area, to Engineering and all internal business services functions. Your expertise in the talent market and talent acquisition will lend itself perfectly to finding the best people to make an impact at Brighte, and join our mission to make sustainability affordable and accessible to everyone.
We are a small, nimble, passionate People team that all muck in together to deliver the most value we can to Brighte. So whilst Talent might be your main focus when the business needs are here, you are comfortable in the broader P&C playground. This could take shape in different forms, dependent on your specific experience and strengths! Let’s chat about this more in your interview.
What You'll Do
- Leading end to end recruitment across the business
- Consulting our hiring managers on role creation & job briefs, remuneration benchmarking & external market assessments to guide hiring decisions
- Writing job adverts that accurately reflect the role & our brand. Use your expertise to decipher best channels to market each role and best reach the audience we are appealing to.
- Screening candidates, screening, interview scheduling, & checks.
- Managing feedback to candidates, offer negotiations, & facilitating other pre-boarding activities.
- Managing agency relationships & other partnerships relevant to Talent.
- Bringing new ideas and leveraging opportunities to improve efficiency, visibility and experience across key moment of the Talent journey. Get creative and bring to life trends you are seeing that improve the way we do things, surprise & delight our people, and distinguish an experience that sets us apart.
- Keep our business informed, but also encourage new opportunities for internal mobility, promotions & staff referrals.
- Tracking and reporting for the leadership team
- Be a champion for our employer brand. We have an incredible story to tell and a lot of people to share it with. As the Chief of First Impressions, every interaction you have with prospective employees and partners is one that will make an impact.
- Be an integral part of scoping this strategy to ensure we have a clear plan around our brand activity. We have many great ideas to harness, so you will take the lead on this project.
- Manage our candidate facing information sources such as our Linkedin Life Page and Glassdoor.
- Take on brand opportunities as they arise to raise awareness of Brighte as an employer. Whether it be careers days, employer-associated awards or industry-specific events.
Who You Are
- You have prior experience in a Talent Acquisition role.
- Experience in a stand alone role
- You thrive in a hybrid working environment. 2 days per week in office
- Bonus points if you have experience working in small-medium sized businesses (<200 employees).
- You are a self-starter who is comfortable in a role that offers depth and breadth - having oversight of the bigger picture but willing to get your hands dirty in the detail.
- You love working with people and making an impact on employee's experiences, and would consider one of your strengths, reading people & building positive relationships.
- You love working as part of a team. Sharing your knowledge & ideas, and continuously challenging how we can do things more efficiently and with bigger impact.
- You have an exceptional way of managing priorities, pivoting when we need to, and acting with pace in a fast evolving work environment.
- You are interested in understanding the needs of the business overall, and have experience in tailoring this at a divisional level.
- You love working with people and making an impact on employee experiences.
Named LinkedIn’s #10 Top Australian Start Up (2021), we know we wouldn’t be anywhere without our investors, who believe in our mission and the opportunities that lie ahead for a brighter future.
Airtree Ventures, Mike Cannon-Brookes’ Grok Investments, Kim Jackson and Scott Farquhar’s Skip Capital, and Qualgro Partners all continue to support Brighte in making this dream a reality!
If you want to join this mission-driven, inclusive, and highly collaborative team, click apply and upload your resume! All applicants will receive a response.