Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2024
Our mission is the make sustainability affordable and accessible for everyone.
By offering financial solutions to homeowners, we’re making renewable energy and home improvements more accessible to the everyday Aussie.
Between Nov 2016 and Feb 2022, Brighte has facilitated the installation of solar systems for over 110,000 households. Currently we have 1700 GWh generated by our customers each year which is saving 1 million + metric tons on C02 emissions per year!
Our founder and CEO, Katherine McConnell, has been awarded Telstra Business Woman of the year in 2020 as well as winning the Sustainability Crusader award at B&T's 2023 Women Leading Tech Awards. She is a passionate and humble leader who has a human first approach to business. As a business we have been awarded AFR Sustainability Leader in the Banking and Finance category and won the inaugural Sustainability Award at the Affies!
We value different perspectives, skills and backgrounds and have been recognised for our strength in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, winning Best Workplace Diversity (Finnies 2021).
What you will do
As an Analytics Engineer, your role will be to help our Data Platform reach our goal of providing high quality, analysable data to the whole business. Sitting within the Data team which has existing Data Engineering and Analytics Engineering capabilities, you will be a key part of our analytics community working with our Data Analysts and other stakeholders across the business.
This role is an exciting blend of Analytics (~75%) and Data (~25%) Engineering.
· Develop and deploying complex queries and code with a focus on transforming data into more useable data assets.
· Implementing testing suites and control mechanisms to ensure there is ‘a single source of truth’ for our business.
· Provide guidance and input on our data architecture, design and conventions.
· Work with data and non-data stakeholders to convert their requirements into code.
· Maintain and communicate data documentation and definitions.
· Work with non-data stakeholders to identify opportunities to assist them leverage data to drive business solutions.
· Take ownership of the transformation component of Brighte’s extract, load and transform (ELT) processes.
· Be involved with the extract and load components of Brighte’s extract, load and transform (ELT) processes.
· Ensure data accuracy and reliability via verifying, cleansing and testing as well as constancy of datasets and metrics.
What you will bring
· Tertiary qualifications in quantitative field (e.g. Maths/Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Finance, Actuarial Science).
· Relevant post-qualification experience.
· Exceptional proficiency in SQL – non-negotiable experience
· Working knowledge of Python is highly advantageous.
· Experience with dbt is highly advantageous
· Experience with airflow, Snowflake or Terraform is advantageous.
· Experience with version control (Git) and cloud-based technologies (e.g. AWS) is a plus.
· Most love working with data.
· You are highly motivated and capable of growing and expanding in the role in accordance with business growth and expansion.
· Demonstrates curiosity and ability to engage across a broad range of internal stakeholders.
We’re committed to building a culture where our people can thrive, both professionally and personally. So, we offer a variety of benefits and perks to support you and your family.
· Flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a hybrid work model.
· Exciting and regular social activities to keep you connected with your team and others in the business!
· Nutritious snacks – who doesn’t love that? Our thoughtfully stocked pantry includes snacks to suit your every mood. From from fresh bread, protein bars, chocolate, soy crisps – you name it! We also offer a carefully curated collected of wines and beer on top for those looking to unwind or enjoy a social moment.
· End-of-trip facilities. Cycle in to work, lock up your wheels and have a shower in our end-of-trip facilities, which come complete with towel service and hair dryers.
· Brighte Stars: Rewards and recognition program
Named LinkedIn’s #10 Top Australian Start Up (2021), we know we wouldn’t be anywhere without our investors, who believe in our mission and the opportunities that lie ahead for a brighter future.
Airtree Ventures, Mike Cannon-Brookes’ Grok Investments, Kim Jackson and Scott Farquhar’s Skip Capital, and Qualgro Partners all continue to support Brighte in making this dream a reality!
If you want to join this mission-driven, inclusive, and highly collaborative team, click apply and upload your resume! All applicants will receive a response.