Senior Frontend Engineer
Welcome to CoinJar.
We’re a leading Australian Cryptocurrency exchange that has been helping Australians buy, sell and trade cryptocurrencies for over 8 years. We have a strong focus on crafting engaging and easy to use mobile experiences that consistently exceed our customer’s expectations. We are trendsetters in the Australian cryptocurrency space, and have consistently delivered innovative and first of its kind features and experiences to our customers. Most of all we’re a passionate group of technical minded individuals, who have a deep passion for cryptocurrencies, web3, DAOs and blockchain technology in general.
We’re looking for a few qualities in our candidates. Our ideal candidate would have a passion for learning and a strong sense of pride in their work. You enjoy taking ownership of product features - seeing them through from design, implementation, until release with an eye for detail. You also enjoy working with talented individuals, collaborating on technical challenges and can bring new ideas and creative thinking to a team environment. Our ideal candidate would have an interest in cryptocurrencies, web3, DAOs, and finance in general but barring that, has a desire to learn the space and be part of leading wider cryptocurrency adoption in Australia
Who you are:
- You’re an independent worker who can take designs from wireframes and turn them into living breathing features in the hands of our users
- You’re a lifelong learner, who has knowledge of/wants to learn more about cryptocurrencies and web3 in general
- You can work with people who have a range of passions and technical skill sets and enjoy mentoring junior engineers and can collaborate with our senior engineers
- You understand that crypto is one of the fastest moving spaces in the industry and realise that sometimes it’s a trade-off between “getting it perfect” and “getting it out there”; CoinJar has a track record of launching Australian first products
- You enjoy mobile app development, and can understand the benefits and constraints of the platform, and bring innovative thinking towards mobile-first technical challenges
CoinJar is looking for engineers who have experience in React Native to help us build industry leading features on both mobile and web platforms. You will work closely with our design team to turn designs into features, and collaborate with our backend team to help design efficient, secure, and scalable code. While we are a mobile-first company, we do support web platforms and will consider someone with a very strong React skillset, but limited mobile experience. What’s most important is a desire to learn, and a positive attitude toward problem-solving. If you can get the job done, we don’t mind what your background is.
What You'll Be Doing
- Be a core member of the senior engineering team, producing scalable and maintainable frontend code, with an eye on extensibility for future projects
- Craft user experiences that consistently meet our user’s high expectations using React Native, React Native Web, Typescript, Detox and more
- Be part of the long-term planning of features in current and upcoming six-week product cycles, and are able to think ahead and anticipate problems and challenges before they arrive
- Work with juniors and seniors in both the frontend and backend teams, and have an open and engaged approach to collaborative software development
- Bring positive energy for the job and your coworkers, we’re a friendly and open bunch of individuals and love lending a hand wherever it’s needed
What We Look For In You
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering with a focus on JS/TS, and know your way around CSS-in-JS, continuous integration and preferably have experience in shipping mobile applications
- Experience in building reasonably complex web or native apps with a frontend framework like React
- An understanding that the frontend ecosystem changes rapidly, and can keep up with the fast paced changes in the industry.
- Able to articulate technical concepts clearly and concisely
Nice To Haves
- You’ve worked in the cryptocurrency space or have some fintech experience
- You have experience in React Native/Native apps, and have shipped real mobile applications used by hundreds of thousands of users
- We have a flexible approach to working, you can work wherever you want, there’s always someone at the office if you want to come in, but we’re leaning more towards a semi-remote experience as a company
- Opportunity to experiment with bleeding edge technologies
- You'll get a top-spec M1 MacBook Pro on your first day with your preferred configuration
- Fee-free trading of cryptocurrencies on CoinJar
- A competitive salary and career progression
Something looks off?