Welcome to Dubber (www.dubber.net), the world’s leading platform in conversation intelligence available via the world's telecommunication providers, our partners. Dubber is uniquely connected directly to the provider networks which enables us to deliver immediate insights to businesses of any size. We work closely with our partners to help service their sizeable customer bases and support their sales teams, to allow businesses to unlock rich insights from conversations across multiple channels.
Dubber is listed on the Australian Stock Market (ASX:DUB) with offices in the USA, Australia, and the UK.
Dubber is scaling rapidly and to meet the needs of our growing customer base we are looking for a customer-focused support engineer to join our team and be responsible for delivering high quality service and support to our customers. Our customers can be large corporate organisations and service providers such as telcos, banks, and utility companies.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will sit within our Global Support Team who provide our customers with 24/7 support, and work closely with Dubber’s development teams who work within an agile/ scrum framework.
Working as part of a team is vital in this role, in order to manage workload with the rest of the Partner Service Management and Support Team. You will also work with the Dubber development teams who work within an agile/ scrum framework. This role requires a highly organised individual with the ability to adapt to different ways of working.
Based in our Oxford office, with flexibility for remote working, you’ll be an integral part of our EMEA and Global Support Team,
What’s your impact?
- Providing first and second line support to Dubber’s customers
- Providing friendly, efficient and timely responses to our customers
- Completing in depth technical investigation into fault reports
- Responding to live incidents and supporting the Major Incident Process including
- Working closely with development teams to manage customer requirements
- Coordinating change management with customers and supporting change implementations
- Providing customer training on support processes and products
- Managing monitoring and alerting response during working hours
- Completing out of hours on call support shifts on a rota
- Assisting in the continual improvement of service and support processes
You build good relationships by using your excellent interpersonal skills and are comfortable talking to technical and non-technical people. You can obtain the information that you require whilst managing expectations and prioritising your work.
You have strong problem-solving and organisational skills, with the ability to complete in depth investigation into customer fault reports and incidents. You pick things up quickly, and enjoy developing your technical ability to understand and support customers. You’re adaptable and can pivot flexibly to different ways of working.
Being a team player is vital in this role in order to manage the workload with the Service Delivery Team.
You must have:
- 2+ years experience of supporting applications and / or telephony services in a customer focused role
- A strong educational background, preferably a degree or degree-equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Electronics or other engineering/scientific subject with significant computing experience
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, your writing skills must be in both informal email and formal documentation
- The ability to deal with the high pressures of major incidents and high value customers
- Proven ability to learn quickly and a proactive approach to improving your skills and knowledge
- The ability to work independently, know when to ask for help, make decisions, and take responsibility for those decisions
Knowledge of the following technologies is highly desirable but not essential:
- Database technologies: SQL, SQLServer, MySQL
- Programming: C#, other C-derivative/OO languages e.g. Java, C++
- IT: Windows, Linux, Excel, Word
- Debugging tools: Chrome/IE/Firefox debuggers, Fiddler, WireShark
- VOIP telephony: SIP, RTP, Freeswitch, Kamailio
- Competitive salary and share options on offer!
- Growing SaaS company where no two days will be the same with limitless opportunities!
- Global locations with flexible working options!
- Inclusion is important to us, and we like to keep things fun, so we run Team Drinks, BBQ's, Team Lunches and more. Check out our website to see why our team love being Dubsters.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.