AWS Lead Cloud Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2023
As a Lead AWS Engineer, you’ll be at the helm of a team in charge of one of our client’s infrastructures. Your role will be to find the ways to optimize their environment, improve their performance and help them find the right applications and solutions they need to improve their daily operations, obtain value from their data, and evolve as a business.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required
- 5-10 years of related experience with a track record of shipping production data pipelines
- Hands-On experience building and delivering data solutions in the AWS platform (AWS certified)
- Solid CS fundamentals with experience across a range of disciplines, with one or more areas of deep knowledge and experience in an advanced programming language
- Working experience with distributed processing systems including Apache Spark
- Hands-On experience with RDBMS, NoSQL DBs, and object storage systems
- Hands-On Experience with the following in each category: • AWS lake formation • Infrastructure as code: AWS CDK, Terraform • Orchestration and Transformation: AWS step functions, AWS glue, Airflow, Dagster, • Prefect, dbt • Streaming: AWS MSK, Kafka • Container: AWS ECS, EKS, Fargate, K8 • Observability: AWS Cloudwatch, Grafana, Prometheus, ELK stack
- Deep understanding of best software practices and their application of them in data engineering and DevOps
What you will do
- Design, implement, document, and automate scalable production grade end-to-end data pipelines including API and ingestion, transformation, processing, monitoring, and analytics capabilities while adhering to best practices in software development
- Build data-intensive application solutions on top of cloud platforms such as AWS, leveraging state-of-the-art solutions including distributed compute, lake house, and real-time streaming while enforcing best practices for data modeling and engineering
- Work with the infrastructure engineering team to setup the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS technologies
- Learning Culture - We want you to be the best version of yourself, that is why we offer unlimited access to learning platforms, a wide range of internal courses, and all the knowledge you need to grow professionally
- Professional Growth Opportunities - We have designed a highly competitive and complete development process, where you will have all the tools to get where you have always wanted to be, personally and professionally
- Additional Income - Besides your regular salary, you will also have the chance to earn extra income by referring talent, being a technical interviewer, and many more ways
- Community Benefit - You will be part of a worldwide community of over 50,000 employees, where you can learn, challenge yourself, stand out, and share your knowledge and experience with multicultural teams!
- Are you open to relocation? - If you want to relocate to another country and we have the right project, we will assist you every step of the way, to help you and your family, reach your new home
- Paid Holidays-We offer paid time off during all national holidays (working and non-working) for a total of 15 days. On top of that, you will also have vacation days to enjoy quality time with your family or just rest
- Medical insurance -As an EPAMer you’ll get Medical Insurance. We’ll cover all incidents. Up to $280 USD, so you can be healthy and safe. You we want to see you well, and we’ll support you in the process
- We trust our people. We believe in team distribution and that you know what you are doing, which is why you will be able to work remotely and have a flexible schedule.
- We are both proud of working within a diverse and inclusive environment and acting in our role as an equal opportunities’ employer. You are welcome at EPAM for who you are.
- You will be challenged while working side-by side with the best talent globally. We work with top-notch technologies, constantly seeking out new industry trends and best practices.
- We are a global design community eager to share knowledge, experiences, and mentoring. You will learn, contribute, and grow with us
- How does it sound to know you can have a 20+year career with us constantly growing and without the need to look elsewhere? We offer access to learning platforms, classes, and workshops to support your development. You will be set up for success with our clear career paths and support in helping you achieve the goals you set for yourself, both personal and professional
- We seek improvement in a proactive manner. You have the freedom to make recommendations, suggestions or simply comment on things without the pressure of adhering to hierarchy or strict processes
- We work with a broad range of clients: Media, Entertainment, Life Sciences, Automotive, Finance, Technology, and Travel. You will play a key role in growing their business and potentially work in multiple new industries.
- EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential