The name etika means ‘ethical’ in several languages and that’s exactly what we want to bring to finance - a responsible and fair approach to lending money. We’re different from other lenders because we put the financial wellbeing of our customers first.
etika was founded in 2012 with a mission to provide fairer finance to more people globally. We’re a privately owned and technology-driven company, here primarily to make a positive difference in the world of finance.
And we actively seek out ethical business partners that treat their suppliers, customers, employees and business partners with the same respect and fairness we would.
We’re looking for an organised, conscientious problem-solver to join our Specialist Services team in our Manchester City Centre office. This is a critical role whereby you’ll assess the risk, accurately underwrite and mandate loan applications in line with regulatory requirements and our internal lending criteria.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assessing customers applications and making responsible lending decisions
- Contacting customers to ensure affordability for the customer
- Analysing documents such as bank statements, payslips, proof of address etc.
- Working from a specialist loan management system and approving deals to be paid
- Providing the best customer support by talking directly and honestly with our customers and developing a deep understanding of what our customers really want from us.
- Communicating with our customers through a variety of different mediums, based on our customer’s needs, whether that be through, email, calls or Live chat.
- Proactively spotting patterns in the frustrations or hopes of our customers, seeing where we can change our processes, tools or product to make them happier.
- Identifying customers who are in vulnerable situations and helping to figure out what steps we can take to support them.
- Working closely with our internal team to act as the first line of defence to help spot and investigate trends.
- Dealing with tricky payment-related queries; investigating missing payments and Direct Debits.
- Understanding, prioritising and escalating our customer’s feedback.
- Being the first port of call for customer complaints to make sure that they’re treated fairly and can share their thoughts and concerns.
- Supporting other members in the customer support team by being a point of escalation for others and mentoring new joiners. Plus making sure the rest of the company stays customer-focused.
- Experience within financial services and a thorough understanding of the FCA and its principles.
- Previous underwriting experience in a non-prime market, or any underwriting experience in consumer lending.
We’d love to meet someone who…
- Is conscientious, with the ability to spot errors or missing information quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to use own initiative in order to authorise lending decisions.
- Organised and able to prioritise workload whilst dealing with multiple documents and customers at any one time.
- Confident with the ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholder in order to obtain secondary decisions as and where required.
You'll be working from our Manchester office, currently Monday-Friday and 1 in 3 weekends. You will work a 37 hour week with your shift starting no earlier than 8am and finishing no later than 6pm.
Salary & benefits:
- Basic salary: circa £27,000 (£32,100 OTE)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Volunteer day - paid time off to volunteer for your local community/support a charity during work hours
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Located in Manchester’s lively Ancoats area, voted one of the world’s ‘coolest neighbourhoods’ in 2021.
- Dog-friendly co-working office, with regular social events.
etika is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic/national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.