Customer Service Advisor
The name etika means ‘ethical’ in several languages and that’s exactly what we want to bring to finance - a responsible and fair approach to lending money. We’re different from other lenders because we put the financial wellbeing of our customers first.
etika was founded in 2012 with a mission to provide fairer finance to more people globally. We’re a privately owned and technology-driven company, here primarily to make a positive difference in the world of finance.
And we actively seek out ethical business partners that treat their suppliers, customers, employees and business partners with the same respect and fairness we would.
We're looking for detail-oriented, empathetic problem solvers to join our Customer Operations team in our Manchester City Centre office. This is a critical role whereby you'll be the first point of contact for our customers through a variety of different mediums, based on our customer’s needs; whether that be through email, calls or Live chat. You will be on hand to answer questions, deal with problems and receive feedback and compliments!
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing the best customer support by talking directly and honestly with our customers, developing a deep understanding of what our customers really want from us.
- Communicating with our customers through a variety of different mediums, based on our customer’s needs; whether that be through email, calls or Live chat.
- Proactively spotting patterns in the frustrations or hopes of our customers, seeing where we can change our processes, tools or product to make them happier.
- Identifying customers who are in vulnerable situations and helping to figure out what steps we can take to support them.
- Working closely with our internal team to act as the first line of defence to help spot and investigate trends.
- Dealing with tricky payment-related queries; investigating missing payments and Direct Debits.
- Understanding, prioritising and escalating our customers' feedback. Plus, being the first port of call for customer complaints to make sure that they're treated fairly and can share their thoughts and concerns.
- Supporting other members in the customer support team by being a point of escalation for your colleagues and mentoring new joiners. Plus making sure the rest of the company stays customer-focused.
- After you're fully comfortable helping our customers, you'll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge in the various other areas of the Customer Operations team.
We’d love to meet someone who...
- Can work in our Manchester city-centre office
- Cares deeply about delighting our customers
- Has previous experience of working in a call centre/customer service/office environment
You'll be working from our Manchester office, currently Monday-Friday with one in four Saturdays per month, to make sure we are always here to help and allow customer support through email, calls or live chat. You will work a 37 hour week with your shift starting no earlier than 8am and finishing no later than 6pm.
Salary & Benefits
- Basic salary: circa £25,000.00 plus bonuses (monthly and quarterly incentives)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Volunteer day - paid time off to volunteer for your local community/support a charity during work hours
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme - 5% employer, 5% employee
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Located in Manchester’s lively Ancoats area, voted one of the world’s ‘coolest neighborhoods'
- Dog-friendly co-working office, with regular social events.
If this sounds like you and you’re interested in joining us on the etika journey, please apply now!