Senior Cloud Database Engineer
Ezypay is a multi award-winning Fintech company established in 1996, specialising in the provision of subscription and recurring direct debit payments.
With offices in Australia, New Zealand and Malaysia, Ezypay has processed over $3 billion worth of subscription payments in 9 countries across the Asia Pacific region (Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand and South Korea) and we’re continually expanding.
Over the last few years, we have put significant effort into our next generation cloud subscription billing platform. This is a core strategic focus and we continue to actively develop and grow this platform.
You have the background of a Database Administrator (DBA), with a passion for the cloud and new technologies. You are committed to continuous learning and stay up-to-date with the latest database technologies and trends. You are comfortable working autonomously and leading others, whilst understanding the importance of teamwork.
You’re a star on the rise who is looking for the opportunity to join a FinTech company in an exciting period of growth, who is ready to step up and join a small but growing Engineering team.
· You are a leader in database administration, and you own the processes for managing data.
· Deploying, tuning, managing, and transforming business critical database environments.
· Work with cloud native solutions to scale our DB environments as the business scales.
· You share and promote best practices and approaches around database standards with the wider engineering team.
Our Technical Environment
Here’s a high-level view of how we work:
· Our next generation payments platform has been developed using Java – specifically leveraging the Spring Boot framework
· Our infrastructure is hosted on AWS; using a mixture of containerization (Fargate) and vanilla EC2
· We take advantage of AWS services to meet our various technology requirements:
o PostgreSQL (Aurora) clusters are managed via RDS
o Redis clusters are managed via ElastiCache
o KMS provides managed security services
o AWS Lambda and API Gateway support our serverless infrastructure
o DynamoDB is also an important part of our stack
· We developed our frontend systems using the Ionic Framework and Angular
· We aggregate and analyze logs from all of our systems via the ELK stack
· Our operating system of choice is CentOS and our DevSecOps team is fanatical about security, monitoring, and patch management
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant industry experience.
· 5+ years working with RDBMS: Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL
· Experience working in public cloud environment: AWS, GCP, Azure
· Experience with scripting tools: Bash, Python, PowerShell or equivalent
· Good understanding of security best practices in the context of web applications
· Working knowledge of a modern software development lifecycle management methodology, such as SCRUM
· Experienced with SaaS tools like Snowflake, Hadoop, Presto is a plus
· Team player attitude with a willingness to lead when necessary
· A great place to work
· Flexible/hybrid working arrangements and work life balance
· A fun team environment
· A dynamic and challenging technical environment
· Gym subsidies
· Casual Dress Code