Policy Technical Writer
Marketing & Communications, IT
Posted on Monday, November 6, 2023
Committed to making a difference, InDebted was founded to change the world of consumer debt recovery for good. We're disrupting a broken industry and creating a better way for businesses to recover debt - where the customer comes first.
We’re a global, digital first and customer-obsessed team of over 213 people, living and working across 5 key countries.
And we’ve also recently been named the AFR BOSS Best Place to Work! By focusing on the happiness and wellbeing of our people, we’ve created a truly flexible, purpose driven and engaging workplace. We’re all here with one shared vision - to remove barriers to financial freedom for all people.
About the Role
Responsible for drafting policies, verifying their impacts with operating departments, facilitating socialisation, and ensuring procedure alignment. This role will identify redundant policies retire and/or consolidate as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders, e.g., legal counsel and subject matter experts, to author, revise, and / or update corporate policies
- Be able to clearly read, interpret information associated with client requirements and related laws and regulations and draft policy to ensure compliance
- Produce, deliver, and archive finished publications and ensure version control and necessary stakeholder review and approval
- Ensure consistency of expression, logical organisation and development, readability, appropriate formatting and conformity of grammar and style to client standards
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, and abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding
- Adjust rapidly to shifts in priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, which may include staff support relating to client requirements and priorities
- Maintain knowledge on current Indebted, client, and organisational regulations /established procedures; and serve as the advisor on preparation of all types of documentation
Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge and experience in managing the governance of policies and procedures in a regulated environment
- US experience in Compliance Management Systems & Policies
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to draft procedures, job aids and training materials
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience identifying inefficiencies, finding opportunities to streamline business processes, and implementing change
- Regulatory change experience (not required, but beneficial)
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint
- Proficient in Google Suite and CRM systems.
- 7+ years of Domain Experience performing the Required Skill Set
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Law, or a related field or comparable level of work experience.
- Minimum of one year experience in compliance, preferably in the debt collection industry.
- Strong understanding of debt collection regulations and best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
What Does Success Look Like in the First 90 Days:
- Be able to set up a repeatable process for annual review and approval policies
- Ability to collaborate across functions
- Process annual employee acknowledgement policies
- Set up a process about regulatory changes, ensuring all impacted policies and procedures are all updated
At InDebted, you get a lot more than just a highly rewarding and exciting career, we also offer:
Work wherever - We’re a global team working in flexible locations - choose to work from home, in a co-working space, or a bit of both, or see where the role takes you
Employee equity - Access to share options in something big
Flexible paid leave - We offer a trust-based leave model - choose when you take leave, how much you take, and what you take it for
Remote work set-up - Once-off payment of $AUD750 or equivalent to help you create a working environment that supports your success and productivity.
Uprise - Our EAP Provider supports your physical, social & psychological wellbeing
At InDebted, we respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. InDebted is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indebted is also a proud 2022 Circle Back Initiative Global Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant.