Scala Senior Developer
Ingenico is the global leader in payments acceptance solutions. Our world-class terminals, solutions and services enable the global ecosystem in the new world of payments acceptance. We are the trusted technology partner to 1,000+ banks, acquirers, ISVs, payment aggregators and fintech customers and we deploy 40 million POS terminals around the world for retailers ranging from small merchants to some of the best-known global brands.
As the world’s largest payment acceptance network, powered by 4,000 employees in more than 50 countries, we provide smart, trusted, and secure solutions with a local and international reach. Our solutions enable merchants to simplify payments, delivering speed, security, and flexibility to enhance greater customer engagement.
With 45 years of experience, innovation is integral to Ingenico’s approach and culture, inspiring our large and diverse community of experts who anticipate and help shape the evolution of commerce worldwide. Our strengths in innovation are matched by the power and robustness of our platforms, the security of our solutions and the quality of our services.
In the PPaaS Reporting and Digital Receipt Back-end Development Team
As a Senior Developer you will be responsible to develop and maintain innovative, cloud hosted, micro services for our PPaaS platform and contribute to continuous improvement and productivity. You will contribute to the backlog refinement and architecture definition with the team. You will also support the OPS and platform teams operating the system in GCP and contribute to incident resolutions, living by the “customer centric” and team cooperation values of the company.
- Develop Scala micro services related to PPaaS platform respecting and implementing our CI / CD principles (Feature Branch usage, Unitary Testing, code review etc.) and projects patterns when they are relevant.
- Produce new patterns when they are needed
- Contribute to the Agile ceremonies (Planning, demos, reviews, Stand up)
- Produce API documentation aligned with our policy.
- Contribute to the Stories refinement and estimation
- Suggest ideas to improve our tools and processes
You are a passionate developer who thrives in an agile environment, ideally within a SAFe Framework and you have some experience in a Cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) environment. If you have less than 4 years of experience with java and/or scala this opportunity might not be the right one for you !
- Experience in functional development using Scala
- Good Knowledge of Kafka, akka or fs2 Technologies, Play, https4s, cats effect Technologie, and also Yaml, Swagger and REST API
- Strong experience in using ElasticSearch database (version 6+), elastic 4s, GitLab, Git CI and Jira tools
Additional important skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong adaptability and flexibility
- Keen to work in an Agile/SAFE environment.
- Strong team spirit, supportive of others’ contributions.
You will work for a company that does everything possible to help you develop your potential and grow professionally (through personal development programs and training).
You will have access to a wide range of benefits including profit sharing, vacation bonuses and other interesting benefits offered by the Works council.
Ingenico is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability status or other legally applicable protected characteristics