Senior Business Development Manager 1
Ingenico is the global leader in payments acceptance solutions. As the trusted technology partner for merchants, banks, acquirers, ISVs, payment aggregators and fintech customers our world-class terminals, solutions and services enable the global ecosystem of payments acceptance. With 40 years of experience, innovation is integral to Ingenico’s approach and culture, inspiring our large and diverse community of experts who anticipate and help shape the evolution of commerce worldwide. At Ingenico, trust and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do.
The objective of this role is to lead business development initiatives across the Pacific region to recruit new clients, with a focus on Independent Software Vendors (ISV) and Fintech companies. The Senior Business Development Manager is in charge of identifying, qualifying and recruiting new partners. He/she is responsible for achieving client recruitment, sales, and profitability objectives.
As a Senior Business Development Manager you will be a strong contributor to Ingenico’s shift to a service- and software-driven strategy, thinking with an entrepreneurial spirit to identify target clients and execute against new sources of revenue, both through channel development and value chain extension, detecting and creating opportunities that create penetration into new markets.
The scope of customer solutions covers the entire Ingenico range of product, software and services.
Business development strategy
• Review addressable markets and Ingenico value proposition and define sales priorities based on market conditions, solution readiness, and business value
• Map players (local and regional across Pacific), ecosystem, and existing relationships
• Formulate and drive the business development strategy and go-to-market principles in cooperation with the local sales teams
• Work with the product, sales and marketing teams to help guide product and solution offerings that are fit to develop with the target channel partners
• Analyse and set pricing guidelines to meet revenue and profitability goals
• Screen potential business partners by analysing their market strategies, needs, goals and potential
• Identify key targets in the primary markets (verticals, countries) focusing on the key growth opportunities
• Engage with prospective clients to create opportunities and understand decision-making processes
• Qualify and secure business opportunities, manage full sales cycle up to closing
• Prepare proposals to target clients that are quantifiable, defensible and focus on value proposition
• Ensure accurate maintenance of Salesforce in line with guidance
• Drive opportunities through the Ingenico sales process to qualify, progress and close deals
• Work with local teams to understand value propositions for each segment/market
• Demonstrate a structured approach to both prospecting and selling
• Manage internal pricing reviews and external proposals
Experience / Skills
You have at least 4 years’ experience in business development within the payment industry. Experience on unattended type solutions would be a plus. English is a must, speaking other foreign languages will be appreciated.
- Ability to understand the market, identify the opportunities, and define the appropriate solution offering and go-to-market strategy
- Business and technical understanding of solutions, working closely with marketing and solutions teams to deliver winning solutions
Additional important skills
Autonomy, confidence and self-starter mindset
Strong negotiation and persuasion skills, comfortable interfacing with senior level leadership
Ability to drive business opportunities and achieve sales targets in B2B environments
REASONS TO JOIN US !
You will work for a company that does everything possible to help you develop your potential and grow professionally (through personal development programs and training).
You will have access to a wide range of benefits including profit sharing, vacation bonuses and other interesting benefits offered by the Works council.
As part of our values, we embrace diversity and inclusion at Ingenico. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. We want to adapt our processes and create a safe work environment that welcomes everyone.