Financial Accountant, Regular contract,
Ingenico is the global leader in payments acceptance solutions. As the trusted technology partner for merchants, banks, acquirers, ISVs, payment aggregators and fintech customers our world-class terminals, solutions and services enable the global ecosystem of payments acceptance. With 40 years of experience, innovation is integral to Ingenico’s approach and culture, inspiring our large and diverse community of experts who anticipate and help shape the evolution of commerce worldwide. At Ingenico, trust and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do.
Within the… department which mission is to…
You will report to… and will have for mission to…
Reporting to Finance Manager, the Accountant is required to demonstrate the competency in accounting, a strong attention to accuracy and detail with a focus on delivering high quality work. This individual is a key member to the team ensuring accounting transactions are properly recorded and a reliable financial information/reporting generated in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for month-end closing activities and prepare month-end schedules
- Prepare financial statements and internal financial reporting of monthly result
- Maintain day-to-day standard and adjusting journal entries
- Reconcile account balances and maintain the general ledger ensuring a proper support
- Assist Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable ensure proper coding and accuracy
- Maintain fixed asset schedules tracking asset acquisitions, disposals, and depreciation
- Manage payment of invoices and expense reports
- Strive for continuous improvement of procedures and processes pertaining to the monthly accounting close
- Assist in external and statutory audit
- Participate in ad-hoc special accounting projects as required
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Proficient in MS Office Excel
- Experience with SAP an asset
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter, self-motivated with proactive and process ownership focus
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
As part of our values, we embrace diversity and inclusion at Ingenico. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived.
We want to adapt our processes and create a safe work environment that welcomes everyone.
To learn more about what it's like working inside Ingenico, follow us on LinkedIn