Global Cloud Support Engineer Level 3
Global Cloud Support Engineer Level 3, Regular contract,
Ingenico is the global leader in payments acceptance solutions. As the trusted technology partner for merchants, banks, acquirers, ISVs, payment aggregators and fintech customers our world-class terminals, solutions and services enable the global ecosystem of payments acceptance. With 40 years of experience, innovation is integral to Ingenico’s approach and culture, inspiring our large and diverse community of experts who anticipate and help shape the evolution of commerce worldwide. At Ingenico, trust and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do.
Within the… department which mission is to…
You will report to… and will have for mission to…
L3 Cloud Support Engineer
At Ingenico, our technology meets the challenges of the payment world and establishes itself as a major market leader.
We are the European leader in payment solutions, the world leader in payment terminals, and we are developing the future ecosystem interconnecting the players in the payment world
The L3 Cloud Support Engineer will work in the Global support excellence division, the team is led by our Support Regional Lead.
He/She Hosted Solutions is part of the Operations Team and provide support on different levels on the production and preproduction environments, and support both the technical part of applications and solutions mainly on the cloud. These solutions are used by customers such like banks, acquirers, FinTech, merchants and provide services enabling payment features (digital receipts, alternative payment methods, reporting, remote POS maintenance, POS fleet management, etc…).
He/She is responsible for maintaining these applications on operational condition and contributes to the highest levels of support.
He/She contributes to improve the support knowledge base, enables L2 Support and works in close collaboration with other support entities to improve the overall quality of service.
He/She works in close collaboration with Operation teams including SREs and DEVOPS, R&D teams to define/confirm bugs/issues and perform the corrections actions required.
Ensure platform availability and performance
- Pro-actively monitor the platforms to anticipate and detect issues,
- Fix incidents: analyze and investigate platform and application behavior, identify the causes of the issues, and correct them
- Restore service: react on customer or monitoring alerts. Restore faulty services according to defined procedures,
- Liaise with L4 Operation Teams to carry out trouble-ticket resolution through appropriate
Ensure solutions users satisfaction
- Provide answers to complex enquiries that requires deep understanding of both applications and platforms,
- Process customer requests (data extraction, processing and analysis, devices and users provisioning, configuration update, permissions and user management, data restoration, etc…)
- In collaboration with R&D, anticipate application evolutions and technical roadmap,
- Perform qualification activities (e. g. performance assessment or acceptance tests).
- Provide to SRE and DEVOPS teams the feedback they need to improve.
Contribute to knowledge base
- Update knowledge base and SOPs based on field experience to improve overall support efficiency,
- Contribute to support training and ramp up for Level 1/2.
- Bachelor of Technology or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience, in supporting complex software-based systems delivered as a Service, in production for external customers, on a public or private cloud.
- Experience working as a support engineer facing aggressive SLAs (three nines and more).
- Quality-oriented and team player keen to work in an Agile/SAFE environment (careful not to break anything used in production and other’s contributions).
- Pro-active, problem solver.
- Fluent in French and English
- Keen to participate to on-duty shifts.
- Expertise in Linux systems administration
- Experience with support stack and ticket workflows
- Able to manipulate PostgreSQL, SQL and no-SQL databases (e.g. Couchbase) and indexation systems (e.g. Elastic Search).:
- Experience with production, monitoring and support stack such as Grafana, Stackdriver, Prometheus, Elastic Search, Kubernetes, Mesos, Marathon and pager duty.
- Experienced in public cloud, (GCP/AWS) and virtualization, containers, dockers, micro-services based architecture,
- Experience with network technologies (VPN, IP routing, NAT, load balancing, proxy and reverse proxy, etc…)
- Ability to understand complex scripts in Python and automation technologies (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, etc…)
- Understanding of security stacks (SIEM, multi-factor authentication technologies, security monitoring solutions like Wazuh, and Web Application Firewalls like Cloudflare).
You will join a leading digital transformation company that combines the advantages of a large structure (in terms of technical/financial resources, expertise, and customer proximity) with the advantages of a start-up (in terms of innovation, flexibility, and agile organization at scale).
You will have access to a wide range of benefits including profit sharing, vacation bonuses and other interesting benefits offered by the Works council.
Ingenico is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability status or other legally applicable protected characteristics.
As part of our values, we embrace diversity and inclusion at Ingenico. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived.
We want to adapt our processes and create a safe work environment that welcomes everyone.
To learn more about what it's like working inside Ingenico, follow us on LinkedIn