Senior Cloud Engineer
Ingenico is the global leader in payments acceptance solutions. Our world-class terminals, solutions and services enable the global ecosystem in the new world of payments acceptance. We are the trusted technology partner to 1,000+ banks, acquirers, ISVs, payment aggregators and fintech customers and we deploy 40 million POS terminals around the world for retailers ranging from small merchants to some of the best-known global brands. As the world’s largest payment acceptance network, powered by 4,000 employees in more than 50 countries, we provide smart, trusted, and secure solutions with a local and international reach. Our solutions enable merchants to simplify payments, delivering speed, security, and flexibility to enhance greater customer engagement. With 45 years of experience, innovation is integral to Ingenico’s approach and culture, inspiring our large and diverse community of experts who anticipate and help shape the evolution of commerce worldwide. Our strengths in innovation are matched by the power and robustness of our platforms, the security of our solutions and the quality of our services.
A key part of Ingenico’s strategic transformation is the build-up and delivery of a Payments Platform as a Service (PPaaS). https://www.ppaas.com/
PPaaS ambition is to build a world-class cloud-based Payments Platform as a Service (PPaaS) that empowers our ecosystem of clients and partners to offer their merchant customers innovative payment and commerce solutions available anytime, anywhere. PPaaS aims at bringing a solution to the complexity of managing and integrating with multiple players and value-added service providers, regionally and globally.
You will join a leading digital transformation company, combining the advantages of a large structure (in terms of resources, expertise, and customer proximity) with the start-up mindset & way of working (innovation, flexibility, and agile organization at scale).
You will be part of building a market disruptive solution, working on cutting-edge technology projects with rich interactions in an international environment.
Have a look at PPaaS ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFDQyS4QFOo
As a Cloud Engineer, you will be responsible for defining, designing and building the core infrastructure and associated infrastructure services to support our development teams in our Global Cloud Organization and Cloud Datacenters. You will create consistent, verifiable, and automatic infrastructure delivery via pipeline that assists in delivering value to our customer. You will also be the advocate for empowering Development teams with E2E ownership of the infrastructure services you’ll build and that they will consume “as a service”, up to Production. You will be responsible for providing and maintaining a robust, highly scalable and operable infrastructure platform and associated infrastructure tools. You have experience managing and supporting large organizations and high number of production workloads with the highest criticity.
• Lead the architecture and automation of cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning the core infrastructure
• Build the Cloud Architecture that will support the orchestration layer and the swarm of microservices and distributed applications, such as containers, Kubernetes, and operators.
• Build the Platform "as a service" for Developers to use and consume with the adequate abstraction required
• Have a key role in provisioning Infrastructure IAC (Infrastructure as code) automation.
• Build dashboards and metrics on Infrastructure performance to provide visibility to stakeholders
• Define the Infrastructure Testing Framework - Ensure Infrastructure is resilient at build phase and throughout the promotion lifecycle
• Achieve container builds/deployments using Multi-Stage Docker files, Docker Compose and Kubernetes
• Run automated deployments and promotion of codes/environments.
• Advocate DevOps approach and work toward developers autonomy
Experience / Skills
• Strong Experience with Linux/Unix Systems and Cloud Services. Gitlab CI/CD, Kubernetes (operators, stateful set, helm, Argo CD, flux…) and Cloud primitive (Terraform)
• Strong experience with Production Platform Management at scale, demanding a high standard of quality, availability and redundancy to support high throughput of critical traffic
Technical skills :
• AWS Cloud & AWS services (ELB, ALB, IAM, Config, KMS, SecurityHub, GuardDuty, VPC, Route53, EC2/ECS, ECR, Lambda, S3, DNS, etc.)
• GitLabCI / ArgoCD
• Postgresql, Couchbase, Elasticsearch, Redis, Kafka - DBaaS/Operators
Additional important skills:
- Proven understanding & hands-on experience of Terraform and Ansible as IaaC
- Strong understanding of integrating security and performance tools to CI/CD (Release) pipelines
- Experience with any higher language like Python, YAML, Json.
- Working experience on Public, Private and Hybrid cloud environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Keen to work in an Agile/SAFE environment.
- Proactive, autonomous, quality-oriented mindset
- Strong team spirit, supportive of others’ contributions.
- Strong culture of ownership of the platform products you build, from design to development to production support & monitoring
- Strong culture of Developement teams enablement & empowerement, with a mindset oriented toward self-service solutions design & build
- Ability to balance technical debt vs long term solutions, and to design for the problems that you have now, while keeping the system flexible for the problems that will come tomorrow