EMEA Presales Solution Engineer
Ingenico is the global leader in payments acceptance solutions. As the trusted technology partner for merchants, banks, acquirers, ISVs, payment aggregators and fintech customers our world-class terminals, solutions and services enable the global ecosystem of payments acceptance. With 40 years of experience, innovation is integral to Ingenico’s approach and culture, inspiring our large and diverse community of experts who anticipate and help shape the evolution of commerce worldwide. At Ingenico, trust and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do.
PPaaS ambition is to build a world-class cloud-based Payments Platform as a Service (PPaaS) that empowers our ecosystem of clients and partners to offer their merchant customers innovative payment and commerce solutions available anytime, anywhere. PPaaS aims at bringing a solution to the complexity of managing and integrating with multiple players and value-added service providers, regionally and globally.
You will join a leading digital transformation company, combining the advantages of a large structure (in terms of resources, expertise, and customer proximity) with the start-up mindset & way of working (innovation, flexibility, and agile organization at scale).
You will be part of building a market disruptive solution, working on cutting-edge technology projects with rich interactions in an international environment.
Ingenico is looking for a Pre-Sales Solution Engineer to support our Sales and Partner activities at a technical consultancy level, manage new implementations and/or enhancements for our quickly growing portfolio of ecosystem services from POS to cloud. Your mission is to work with Ingenico’s largest clients to define, consult, troubleshoot, implement, and launch scalable technical solutions. As Solution Engineer, you will report into the PPaaS Sales and Marketing team and you will need to work closely with different teams globally, such as Sales, Customer Success, Engineering, Product and Marketing in order to provide an exceptional client experience when going live. The ability to foster cross-team collaboration and individual curiosity will also be key to your success.
- Serve as the chief technical lead for our clients and partners during their integration
- Identifying current and future needs by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and others in a position to understand requirements
- Become a key source of knowledge on the PPaaS Platform, its APIs, the underlying technology stack, and industry-standard integration methods and best
- Research advanced advanced technology regarding best practices in the field and seek to find cost-effective solutions.
- Contribute to solution engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including scope, cost estimates, and milestone planning by studying all related client documents, consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional personnel.
- Create practical demonstrations and deliver impactful PoCs of proposed solutions, and present them to prospect clients and partners in order to build confidence with clients regarding PPaaS in-store integration capabilities
- BA/BS University degree or comparable education in computer science, software engineering and/or electrical engineering with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
- You have an extensive experience on a similar role; if you have less than 5 years working in payments acceptance and industry sales experience, you might not be the right person for this opportunity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing, comfortable leading meetings with C-Level contacts on technical aspects of their solution, as well as to bridge the gap between business and technical acumen
- You are able to serve as an escalation point to varied technical requests and client challenges
- You are innovative, with strong problem-solving capabilities and able to define robust processes and procedures
- You come with the ability to work with various departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed plan
- You have proven ability to quickly learn and affinity with new technologies and understand complex systems build on POS, SDKs, APIs, payment industry standards
- POS technologies and payment software development on multiple hardware vendor series, with experience in both proprietary POS architecture as well as Android-based payment terminals, SoftPOS and/or mobile payment architectures
- Experience with software engineering, customer experience and design architecture
- Proficiency in POS to host / POS to cloud connectivity, payment processors, 3rd party / VAS provider integrations, and POS/payment security
- Ability to write and maintain technical guides
Important additional skills
- Additional landuage skills in French, Spanish and/or Italian are a plus.
- Strong adaptability and flexibility
- Keen to work in an Agile/SAFe environment.
- Strong team spirit, supportive of others’ contributions.
Ingenico is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability status or other legally applicable protected characteristics