Ingenico is the global leader in payments acceptance solutions. As the trusted technology partner for merchants, banks, acquirers, ISVs, payment aggregators and fintech customers our world-class terminals, solutions and services enable the global ecosystem of payments acceptance. With 40 years of experience, innovation is integral to Ingenico’s approach and culture, inspiring our large and diverse community of experts who anticipate and help shape the evolution of commerce worldwide. At Ingenico, trust and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do.
We are seeking for an R&D Manager - leading our German R&D department.
Our team brings together analysts, architects, project managers, developers and testers that take our solutions from concept to reality.
You will be joining our team at the start of an exciting journey as we work to take Ingenico payment system to a new level: from standard payment devices to a services hub, making them the access point to a platform that integrates innovative payment solutions and customer services.
We have many hardworking and dedicated peers that would love for you to work with them. We are committed to continuous improvement. We are always looking for new and innovative ways to improve quality, reduce costs, build excellent solutions, and grow customer happiness. We would like to welcome an organized, innovative and process driven colleague to our team.
Your day-to-day responsibilities
- Manage&organize the German R&D team working on Ingenico Terminals and Solutions (60 resources between permanent and subcos)
- Drive the technical strategy of the German R&D
- Manage the German R&D budget
- Closely collaborate with other company functions, with focus on the collaboration with Business team
- Manage customer relationship as part of the project delivery
- Manage business escalations
- Manage the relationthip with partners and stakholders (internal and external)
- Closely collaborate with EMEA R&D and other EMEA R&D managers
Signs of success :
- You feel comfortable with change of priority
- You feel comfortable with business and customers interactions
- Managing service contract with high tier internaltional clients
Skills we can’t do without:
- Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering
- Good knowledge of software factory organisation
- Very good knowledge of SW delivery tools used by Ingenico (e.g. Git, Jira, etc);
- Ability to work with many stakeholders in international context
- 10-15 years experience on leading technical teams in similar context
- Proven experience in managing service contracts with big customers in international context.
- Very good communication skills;
- Autonomous on complex solution development;
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Skills we’d like:
- German Payment industry
- Experience on Ingenico Terminals
- Experience with GiroCard specifications
- Software Development experience in embedded system
Ingenico is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, colour, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability status or other legally applicable protected characteristics.