Warehouse Clerical 1
Title: Warehouse Clerical
Reports to: Warehouse Operations Manager
Revised: January 2023
Under direction of management personnel, performs a variety of warehouse receiving, shipping, pulling, packing duties. Does related work as required.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Counts, sorts, properly pack, and verify outgoing goods against shipping documentation.
- Operates a forklift and or pallet jack to assist in carrying out the business of the department.
- Records and checks quantity and quality of goods to be shipped for conformity to purchase orders and
specifications. May inspect, accept, or reject goods to be shipped.
- Ability to accurately complete arithmetic computations sufficiently to perform duties of the job
- Process orders utilizing FEDEX, UPS, DHL, and other computerized systems
- Maintains warehouse in clean and orderly fashion including sweeping floors and dusting shelves.
- Ability to carry out oral and written directions; communicate effectively; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Assure that assigned tasks are completed within established time or reporting deadlines. Be flexible and receptive to change.
Competencies / Skills Requirements:
- Working knowledge of a computerized inventory control system.
- Working knowledge of computerized internet based automated global shipping systems.
- Forklift Certified.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of a modern warehouse receiving environment, PC computer skills including Microsoft Office Suites knowledge.
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities, but does require guidance, leadership, and training of other employees in the department.
Required Education/Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent completion of the twelfth grade, supplemented by course work
or training in proper warehouse operations obtained through a community college, trade, or
correspondence school. May be substituted by experience of a closely related nature.
- 1 year of increasingly responsible experience in warehouse shipping responsibilities.
- 2 years’ experience working in a warehouse shipping environment managing shipping ERP (SAP) systems for outgoing inventory, along with International shipping knowledge desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Employees in this position must have the ability to:
- Sit and stand for extended periods.
- Enter data into a computer terminal, operate standard office equipment, and use a
- See and read a computer screen and printed matter with or without vision aids.
- Hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone.
- Speak so that others may understand at normal levels and on the telephone.
- Stand, walk, and bend over, reach overhead, grasp, push, pull and move, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds to waist height.
Employees in this position will be required to work in a fully operational warehouse environment.
Travel is not required for this position.
Ingenico provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Manager: ________________________________ Employee: ______________________________
As part of our values, we embrace diversity and inclusion at Ingenico. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived.
We want to adapt our processes and create a safe work environment that welcomes everyone.
To learn more about what it's like working inside Ingenico, follow us on LinkedIn