The Solution Engineer is responsible for the product delivery as well as operational management of various components of “Payments Platform as a Service (PPaaS)” solution in North America.
This role requires
- comprehensive experience in digital payments domain
- deep knowledge of security practices required for mobile application as well as Cloud-based solutions
- knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements in payments domain
- experience in managing cloud-native services
- experience in delivering Enterprise scales System Integration projects
- knowledge of Alternative Payment Methods (APM) and payment related Value-Add services
A key part of Ingenico’s strategic transformation is the build-up and delivery of a Payments Platform as a Service (PPaaS) and this is a key position within the Solutions Delivery team in helping to meet our software and services vision and goals. Have a look at PPaaS ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFDQyS4QFOo.
Key deliverables for this role will be managing regional portfolio of payment and/or value-added services, run day to day operations of solution portfolio, lead a team of Subject Matter Experts (SME), define back-office business processes, coordinate with local + global teams for roadmap as well as certifications, and train/support the sales.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Managing Ingenico’s solution platforms in North America including support for new solution launch in the market
- Manage portfolio of professional services and support clients to drive greater adoption within customers
- Manage operational aspects of solutions within scope through a combination of onshore/offshore teams
- Be a regional Subject matter expert (SME) for solutions in scope
- Maintain alignment on product and solution strategy with various Product Owners and other Solutions Management teams
- Drive products evolutions & lifecycle processes
- Support sales and marketing in promoting Value Proposition and developing key sales enablement tools
- Engage with customers as necessary
- Monitor and communicate progress of key KPI’s based on your analysis to key stakeholders including management, sales and operations as required
- Perform other job‐related duties as assigned
Competencies / Skills Requirements:
- Experience as a Product Owner/Manager within Digital Payments, including operational aspects of payment processing, is a must.
- Deep understanding of existing technologies for cloud hosted solutions and knowledge of SLAs, Security and Compliance is required.
- Knowledge of mobile application development (Android minimum) lifecycle is required.
- Be able to define roadmap for strategic decisions.
- Be able to engage with clients, set and manage expectations.
- Understand complex, technical subjects and ability to translate technical language to lay audiences.
- Communicate effectively through documents/presentations to identify needs and prepare tailored proposals.
- Knowledge of collaborative tools such as JIRA, MS Teams, Confluence, etc.
- Hands‐on, autonomous, self‐motivated and enjoy working within a changing & dynamic organization.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English are required.
- Excellent client facing skills, ability to drive/conduct a large meeting as well as training sessions.
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities at present but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Required Education/Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Comp. Sci, or equivalent
- Experience in product ownership with a cloud hosted solution
- Experience in Web-based software development and architecture designs
- Experience in the payments ecosystem from the retailer to the acquirer and beyond
- Deep understanding of Alternative Payment Methods a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position throughout 75% of the day. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. This position requires the constant operation of a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator; copy machine, and computer printer. The person in this position frequently communicates with both internal and external clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
This job operates in a professional office environment.
This position requires 10-15% time in travel.
Ingenico provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As part of our values, we embrace diversity and inclusion at Ingenico. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived.
We want to adapt our processes and create a safe work environment that welcomes everyone.
To learn more about what it's like working inside Ingenico, follow us on LinkedIn