Sr Software Developer (Kotlin-Android)
Ingenico is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Mexico City
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for developing applications for POS terminals and other payment solutions. You will be part of a highly-skilled, enthusiastic scrum team that is developing business solutions in an energetic and agile organization.
- Design, develop, and maintain user interfaces and underlying functionality for embedded point-of-sale applications that handle secure payment processing.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Create application design specifications (sequence and state-transition diagrams) and participate in architectural reviews.
- Create, maintain, and execute application unit tests as part of Continuous Integration.
- Analyze bug reports and manage the defect resolution process (disposition issues, resolve issues, and report issue status).
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
- 4+ years of Java and/or Android software development experience, seniority preferable.
- Experience using advanced Kotlin
- Must have experience architecting and developing multithreaded applications, preferably in embedded systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Object Oriented Programming and some level of experience writing unit tests are required.
- A proven ability to create design specifications and develop software that meets customer requirements.
- Code documentation, unit testing, and continuous integration to enhance overall software quality.
A plus if you have these skills:
- Prior experience in POS and retail enterprise-level application integration and support.
- Prior experience in C/C++ development.
- Knowledge of EMV.
- Experience with POS Hardware and peripherals.
- Knowledge and expertise of PCI technology, transaction processing, and related retail standards.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Experience with Python, Perl, or Ruby scripting.
- Experience with build system tools (Cmake, Ninja)
- Continuous Integration experience with Bamboo or Hudson.
- Prior experience working within an Agile development methodology (Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean, etc.).
- Prior experience with UML.
- Experience using Atlassian tools (Jira, Bamboo, FishEye, Confluence, etc.).
- Experience using code versioning tools (Tortoise SVN, Git).
- Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture.
- Base salary + all benefits
- Contract directly with Ingenico
- Monday to Friday CST regular 8-hour shift (Hybrid in Polanco´s office Torre Forum, Mexico City).
Ingenico provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.