NAR Senior Corporate Counsel
Senior Corporate Counsel
BASED AT: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
The Corporate Counsel is responsible for providing a wide range of legal services for Ingenico North America Region as well as other countries.
• Advise, draft and negotiate sales and procurement contracts, including hardware and software solution contracts, professional service contracts and statements of works for Ingenico’s businesses located in United States, Mexico and Canada as well as other countries, including countries located in Central America and Columbia.
• Consult and advise Ingenico Sales, Solutions and Operations teams located in United States, Mexico and Canada on a range of commercial matters with a focus on matters relating to technology, security and solutions as well as employment and regulatory matters.
• Advise and evaluate liability and risk exposure on various agreements and matters and make recommendations to NAR General Counsel and various internal business teams that include North America Region and other countries located in Central America, Caribbean as well as other Spanish speaking countries.
• Assist NAR General Counsel in the areas of labor/employment law, corporate law and civil litigation and instructing and supervising outside counsel retained by Ingenico.
• Assist with implementing and educating various Ingenico employees on internal policies, use of templates and legal processes.
Key Performance Objectives/Indicators:
• Review and advise on contracts
• Turnaround time of advice and clarity of advice
• Providing advice related the areas of labor/employment law, corporate law and civil litigation and related issues
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of a business and corporate law in United States, Mexico and Canada and strong understanding of privacy and security issues related to solutions in United States, Mexico and Canada
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment with attention to detail, deadlines and collaboration and fluent in Spanish and English
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity
• Sound judgement and ability to analyze complex factual situations and information
• Outstanding communication skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of contract management solutions
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in Spanish and English
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects
• Provide clear, accurate and concise legal guidance and counsel
• Ability to collaborate and team with stakeholders across various regions and functions
• Experience working with clients in multiple regions
Technical skills/ Professional Background:
• 4+ years of relevant experience as a legal counsel and drafting and negotiating in Spanish and English within a technology related or fintech company with presence in Mexico and United States preferred or law firm
Languages: Fluent in English and Spanish (Speaking, Reading and Drafting)
Education Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
• Law Degree
• LL.M. degree from an ABA accredited United States law school and strong academic credentials or licensed and active a member in good standing to practice law in at least one US state