Contact Centre Operator - Team Leader
Ingenico is a global leader in the fintech market, with more than three decades of experience and employs over 7,500 people. Its footprint gives scale to projects and talents. Innovation is part of our DNA and our diverse community of experts keep anticipating the evolution of commerce worldwide.
We provide merchants with a comprehensive and innovative range of services and solutions that eliminate payment complexity and make purchasing quick, seamless and secure for consumers, whatever the sales channel or payment method.
We have an opportunity for Contact Centre Operator – Team Leader to join the team on a permanent basis in the Melbourne - Preston office.
The role of the Contact Center Team Leader is crucial in ensuring the effective and efficient functioning of our Technical contact center. With a focus on delivering exceptional customer service and support, the Team Leader will oversee a team of technical and customer support agents.
Responsibilities include managing daily operations, optimising processes to enhance customer satisfaction and drive performance, and leading, inspiring, and motivating the team to meet or exceed targets.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead a team of technical support representatives to meet or exceed performance targets, enhance individual and team capabilities, and maintain a positive work environment.
- Oversee daily operations of the Helpdesk contact centers, ensuring efficient use of resources, adherence to service level agreements, and achievement of performance targets.
- Assist the Contact Centre Manager to implement strategies to optimise contact center operations, including improving agent productivity, outcome based performance, streamlining workflows, and enhancing customer/merchant satisfaction.
- Recruit, train, and coach contact center agents, ensuring they possess the technical skills and product knowledge required to provide excellent customer support.
- Establish and implement performance evaluation systems to regularly assess agent performance, identify areas for improvement, and provide feedback to enhance skills and performance.
- Act as the point of escalation for complex issues and assist contact center agents in resolving challenging customer problems.
- Collaborate with other departments such as field service and quality assurance to identify customer/merchant pain points and suggest enhancements or process improvements.
- Maintain contact center technology infrastructure, including telephony systems, call routing software, and customer relationship management tools, to ensure optimal performance.
- Analyse contact center metrics, generate reports, and utilise data-driven insights to identify patterns, trends, and areas for improvement in service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in the implementation strategies to minimise customer/merchant complaints, ensuring the contact center delivers an unparalleled experience.
- Keep abreast of advancements in relevant technology and industry trends to maintain a competitive edge and make well-informed recommendations for process improvement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers/merchants, including participating in monthly and quarterly operational reviews.
Competencies, Skills and Experience:
- In-depth knowledge of Helpdesk & technical support principles, processes, and best practices
- Strong understanding of contact centre operations and leadership
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and guide a team of Helpdesk & technical support agents.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and strategies to provide exceptional customer/merchant experiences.
- Understanding of performance metrics and the ability to track and measure team performance.
- Continuous learning and desire to stay updated on the latest technologies and industry advancements.
Expertise & Skills:
- Proficient in utilising contact centre software and systems in particular AWS Connect.
- Understanding with customer relationship management (CRM) platforms
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with both customers and team leaders & members.
- Solid organisational and time management abilities to prioritise tasks and ensure efficiency.
- Skills in using Microsoft products such as Access, Word and Excel
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure, especially during peak hours or intense situations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to understand technical issues.
- Flexibility and adaptability to adjust to changing priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under pressure and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Analytical mindset to analyse data and identify trends or areas for improvement.
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet tight deadlines without supervision.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Proven track record of successfully leading and managing a team, preferably in a fast-paced and multi-channel contact canter environment.
- Proven track record in the ability to analyse data, generate reports, and utilise insights to drive improvements.
- Strong technical background with a deep understanding of the technical support industry and best practices.
- Proficient in utilising contact centre technologies and software, such as ticketing systems, customer relationship management (CRM) tools, and workforce management systems.
- Reporting and Analytics: Establish key performance indicators (KPIs), create reports, operational reviews and analyse data to measure and report on contact centre performance, identify trends, and proactively address areas of improvement.
- Strong Leadership
- Drive a high performance culture
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Good time management – ability to prioritise and multitask
- Ability to work well within your team and autonomously
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Meet KPIs
- No specific qualifications required, however, a proven history of successful people leadership in a Help Desk environment is desirable
- Awareness of ITIL
Ingenico is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
As part of our values, we embrace diversity and inclusion at Ingenico. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived.
We want to adapt our processes and create a safe work environment that welcomes everyone.
To learn more about what it's like working inside Ingenico, follow us on LinkedIn