Sales Development Representative
We’re Kanopi. Welcome.
Kanopi is a data-driven insurtech that pushes the boundaries of how insurance is delivered. Some of the world’s largest insurers come to us for reliable, flexible technology to create cover that protects and adapts to customers’ changing needs.
As the Sales Development Representative, you’ll be responsible for generating leads and working with prospects and clients. You’ll use these conversations to learn about their current problems and establish how Kanopi can help solve them, with the ultimate goal of securing appointments for further talks and demos with the CEO.
If you want to stand out from the crowd, make sure you tell us in your application how we could have done a better job selling you on this opportunity.
We're looking for a Sales Development Representative who has a passion for technology, who is proactive, and who is ready to hit targets.
You will be reporting to the CEO, and working with them and the Marketing team to generate new leads and follow up on warm ones. We know Sales is what you do best, so we’re excited for you to develop and execute a sales playbook that will help you hit your targets. We’re big fans of learning and take iterative approaches to our work, so your ability to adapt your sales approach to different leads will be instrumental in being successful in this role.
Note: we can only consider candidates based in Australia's Eastern states for this role.
What you will get to do every day
- Generate your own outbound leads by researching and investigating potential clients using market intel, media, Linkedin and industry targeting
- First point of contact for inbound leads
- Working in conjunction with the marketing team to follow up with warm leads who have been approached through marketing activity
- Work with the CEO to generate and execute a sales playbook
- Adapt sales approach to suit client needs/call direction to secure leads
- Master our CRM (Hubspot) to increase touchpoints and overall channels of communication
- Together with marketing team, work towards KPIs regarding outbound engagement activity
What you will bring to the role
- At least 2 years of sales experience (B2B SaaS) with a preference for fintech and/or startup experience
- Experience with CRMs, preferably Hubspot
- Experience selling contracts with ACVs between AU $100,000 and AU $400,000.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team (this is crucial, you must be able to manage your own time like a boss whilst working within a team environment)
- Flexibility and adaptability to change (we are a startup, things change!)
- Self awareness and high EQ - this is important to help navigate the qualifying stage with a potential client and reading the room
- A self-starter who can use initiative, take direction and learn quickly
- The desire and commitment to learning new and innovative ways of working
- A good attitude towards individual and team success
- Willingness to travel occasionally (domestic only)
- Ability to naturally build and maintain relationships with potential clients as well as team members
- Ability to identify the needs of the potential client and adapt in response to their needs
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- A strong foundational knowledge of sales techniques and strategies
Don't stop reading yet
If you’re excited about this role but aren’t sure if you tick all our boxes, please send in your application anyway. We know from research that women and other people from underrepresented, minority, or marginalised backgrounds often only apply if they think they meet all the criteria, but please don’t let that stop you from applying. We’d really love to hear from you and to see what unique skills and experience you’d bring to the role, even if it is not everything we have listed above.
Things you might want to know about us:
- You’ll be offered a base salary + commission for OTE
- We offer a warm and collaborative work culture with big time vision. Our aim is to create an environment in which everyone is included in decisions and opportunities, regardless of your role, age, or how long you've been with the company. Everyone's opinion is welcome, and we're firm believers in discussions and radical candor.
- We trust our people. This means we focus on outcomes and provide a truly flexible workplace. So if you need some time to go to the gym during quiet times, want to break up your day to look after your kids, or feel like going for a walk around that 3pm slump, it’s all fine. We have team members around the globe, so you may need to attend an early morning or early evening meeting occasionally.
- You will work alongside an experienced team who will challenge you everyday (and expect you to challenge them back).
- We’re big fans of learning new things, which is why we give you the support and professional development to help you achieve your career goals, learn and grow. We offer time and support to take courses, read books, or attend events, and we have a career development framework in place.
- We’re a remote-first team, so say goodbye to that commute. Our Melbourne-based team does like to get together occasionally, which we do at our office right in Melbourne CBD. And it’s fully equipped with an indoor golf simulator, arcade machine, ping pong table, and more!