Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
We’re MYOB, a business management platform designed to unleash the potential of businesses across Australia and New Zealand! As the #originalstartup, our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we are so much more. We help our Aussie and Kiwi customers unleash their full potential, giving them the tools to Start, Survive and Succeed: all in the one place.
We’re always on the hunt for those who bring a different perspective, diversity of thought and the drive to make our culture even better. Take your career to a new dimension at MYOB.
About the Team
Our Tech team are true heroes. They’ve taken our legacy success and transformed it into an extraordinary SaaS platform to support SME and Enterprise businesses in ways they never knew they needed. By joining the Tech team, you’ll be an integral part of building our all-in-one business management platform.
Being a Senior Developer at MYOB means having a curious approach, and being involved in the following:
- Delivering software regularly to our customers using lean and systems thinking
- Technical discovery work as a means of understanding legacy systems and documenting how they work, while identifying potential solutions to problems that MYOB will be solving on it's SaaS journey
- Work with multiple tech stacks including .Net, Node.js, React, Serverless, Containerisation, Kubernetes, and using AWS (extensively) and Azure (occasionally).
- Design, build, test and deploy software solutions including APIs, serverless and microservices
Drive continuous improvement in our development and DevOps practices
To be considered, you will need:
- Strong programming skills
- Design and development of highly scalable, high performance systems
- An understanding of programming fundamentals and concepts
- Proven experience in TDD, DevOps, Clean Code and Event Driven Architecture
- Open to learning other languages and frameworks that support our technical direction
- Care about delivering a great product as well as how it’s performing in market
- An understanding of some cloud platforms and CI/CD would be an amazing addition too!
What makes this role exciting:
- Be part of a fast paced environment in a hardworking, collaborative team that has customer at the centre of everything
- Work on innovative technologies and use the best engineering practices (Microservices, DevOps, Continuous Delivery)
- We lead with experimentation with fast feedback loops
- Opportunity to progress and grow your career in a diverse and inclusive environment
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
🎯 Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
🎯 Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
🎯 Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
🎯 A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
🎯 Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
🎯 Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!