Senior Payroll Officer (18 Month Contract)
Accounting & Finance
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
We’re MYOB, a business management platform designed to unleash the potential of businesses across Australia and New Zealand! As the #originalstartup, our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we are so much more. We help our Aussie and Kiwi customers unleash their full potential, giving them the tools to Start, Survive and Succeed: all in the one place.
We’re always on the hunt for those who bring a different perspective, diversity of thought and the drive to make our culture even better. Take your career to a new dimension at MYOB.
About the Team
Overflowing with expertise, Group Services keeps MYOB highly tuned and up and running. Made up of several specialisd teams including commercial, finance, legal and risk, these are the professionals who drive our business performance, while always ensuring we’ve dotted our I's and crossed our T's!
An integral part of the Payroll team, this is a fixed term role, specifically focusing on MYOB's New Zealand staff.
Playing an important role in the entire employee life cycle, you'll process pays, manage legislative lodgements, complete end of month processes (reconciliation and reporting) and work with key stakeholders - Employee Experience, Group Finance and Commercial Finance. This key role helps to ensure payment of accurate and on time entitlements to employees whilst driving continuous improvement.
- To manage the New Zealand payroll function, ensuring that all related processes are completed and reviewed within the appropriate timeframes and comply with relevant legislation
- Provide and prepare final pay calculations
- Provide timely customer services to resolve all payroll queries and make adhoc decisions when required
- Preparation and processing of the monthly payroll by the 15th of each month, fortnightly, manual payrolls and cash re-reimbursements for New Zealand Payrolls
- Update all remuneration changes accurately and process back pays appropriately
- Liaise with People and Performance regarding all new employees, contracts and Terms & Conditions and ensure employees are set up accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintain payments/reconciliations lodgement of WorkCover, PAYG, Payroll Tax, ACC, PAYE IR345, IR348 and super
- Other ad hoc payroll related tasks
What You'll Bring
- Legislative knowledge of New Zealand payroll, including the Holidays Act
- Significant experience in processing New Zealand payrolls
- Experience using PayGlobal desirable
- Proficient in the use of Excel
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
🎯 Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
🎯 Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
🎯 Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
🎯 A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
🎯 Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
🎯 Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!
See more open positions at MYOB
Something looks off?