Credit Controller (12 Month Contract)
Accounting & Finance
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
We’re MYOB, a business management platform designed to unleash the potential of businesses across Australia and New Zealand! As the #originalstartup, our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we are so much more. We help our Aussie and Kiwi customers unleash their full potential, giving them the tools to Start, Survive and Succeed: all in the one place.
We’re always on the hunt for those who bring a different perspective, diversity of thought and the drive to make our culture even better. Take your career to a new dimension at MYOB.
About the Team
Overflowing with expertise, Group Services keeps MYOB highly tuned and up and running. Made up of several specialisd teams including commercial, finance, legal and risk, these are the professionals who drive our business performance, while always ensuring we’ve dotted our I's and crossed our T's!
You’ll be part of the Credit Control team that monitors and controls accounts in accordance with our contracts’ terms and conditions. We know that our customers are busy running their business and sometimes need a gentle reminder. We work with a huge variety of people, making each day interesting, challenging, fun and exciting. The team has a huge amount of experience and are keen to share knowledge to drive the success of the group.
Critical to the success of the team is the timely and effective communication on the phone and via email, striking the balance of providing a great service and recovering outstanding funds.
- Maintaining aged debt at agreed levels.
- Make proactive outbound phone calls to 90 days plus debtors.
- Respond to complex external and internal client correspondence and maintain excellent working relationships with clients and sales teams.
- Administration of liquidation paperwork.
- Ensure that the telephone service standard is met i.e.: logged into the phones 80% of their time to take inbound calls and answering group chat messages.
- Undertake the processing duties necessary to ensure administrative processes are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Identify barriers to customer service – investigate root causes to problems, make recommendations to improve current processes.
- Handle enquiries via the ZenDesk queue primarily, actioning client tickets, and fielding any unrelated queries to the relevant department
- Contribute to the achievement of team targets related to outstanding invoices
- Ensure that customer queries are dealt with promptly and resolved to the client’s satisfaction. Lodging sales force cases when required on varying requisitions. Assisting in Dispute resolution by acting as the intermediary between the business and clients via e-mail and outbound calls.
- Working on different CRM’s with the collection process.
What You'll Bring
- Previous account/credit administration experience
- Previous experience in the use and application of CRM systems
- Accurate data entry and attention to detail
- Strong customer centric approach
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
🎯 Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
🎯 Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
🎯 Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
🎯 A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
🎯 Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
🎯 Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!
See more open positions at MYOB
Something looks off?