Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
We’re MYOB, a business management platform designed to unleash the potential of businesses across Australia and New Zealand! As the #originalstartup, our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we are so much more. We help our Aussie and Kiwi customers unleash their full potential, giving them the tools to Start, Survive and Succeed: all in the one place.
We’re always on the hunt for those who bring a different perspective, diversity of thought and the drive to make our culture even better. Take your career to a new dimension at MYOB.
About the Team
Our award-winning Employee Experience team is made up of experts who are focused on reimagining new ways of working and enabling all MYOBelievers to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand reach their potential. From talent acquisition, people advisory, organisational development to employee services, digital experience, and workplace experience, we ensure your ride with MYOB is an exceptional one.
About the Team:
We are a leading software development house within the Australasian market. We are searching for an expert Senior Cloud Engineer who wants to work for a fast-paced and very progressive company recognised for its fantastic culture and flexible work environment, but also one that wants to develop themselves into a true Cloud engineer.
About the Role:
In the Prodops Team, this opportunity presents to work in a modern and exciting environment that is already well on its journey to the cloud. We need to maintain existing Data Centre technologies as we continue moving on our cloud journey, and this opportunity means keeping existing data centre technologies alive but building and migrating to a cloud-centric replacement.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and analysing security data to ensure the secure operation of MYOB’s client-facing and internal systems
- Apply security policy to daily activities and improve the security posture through effective reporting and running alerts
- Review daily administration, maintenance and support of the MYOB server infrastructure environment
- Coordinate the system patching, upgrades and general maintenance of the key technology platforms
- Design and deploy features to our technology that delivers new value
- Ensure backups are relevant, working, and well managed
- Ensure ongoing supportability of environments through documentation and knowledge sharing
- Drive adoption of DevOps practices within the team, looking for opportunities to uplift and improve
The skills you'll need:
- Demonstrable experience in supporting and operating an enterprise production private and or public cloud environment(s)
- Solid grasp of technologies across VMware, storage, backups – and related management of license and capacity planning
- Knowledge and use in handling cloud infrastructure and platform services such as AWS EC2, AWS RDS, AZURE services, AZURE SQL, ELB, Route 53, S3, Cloudwatch
- Experience scaling build and deployment systems through cloud environments
- Experience in applying and leading compliance requirements such as PCI-DSS, NIST, ISO 27001 etc desirable.
- Experience with designing and implementing network systems and features
- This superb opportunity is for someone with strong data centre skills to build themselves into the technical lead that will craft, shift and then maintain our existing data centre components in the cloud.
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
🎯 Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
🎯 Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
🎯 Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
🎯 A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
🎯 Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
🎯 Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!
See more open positions at MYOB
Something looks off?