Commercial Finance Manager - 15 Month Contract
Accounting & Finance
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Monday, September 4, 2023
We’re MYOB, a business management platform designed to unleash the potential of businesses across Australia and New Zealand! As the #originalstartup, our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we are so much more. We help our Aussie and Kiwi customers unleash their full potential, giving them the tools to Start, Survive and Succeed: all in the one place.
We’re always on the hunt for those who bring a different perspective, diversity of thought and the drive to make our culture even better. Take your career to a new dimension at MYOB.
About the Team
Overflowing with expertise, Group Services keeps MYOB highly tuned and up and running. Made up of several specialisd teams including commercial, finance, legal and risk, these are the professionals who drive our business performance, while always ensuring we’ve dotted our I's and crossed our T's!
Reporting to the Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, you'll provide detailed financial and commercial analysis to support key decisions across the business.
You'll play a key role in delivering commercial support to the Marketing team with a focus on cost and resource management coupled with marketing return on investment.
- Work in partnership with the CMO and Senior Leadership Team to provide ongoing financial recommendations and insight for the division to drive achievement of business plans
- Key liaison between SLT and Group Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) for the yearly financial planning and quarterly forecasts process to ensure delivery of high-quality business planning
- Work with Finance and FP&A to understand monthly financial performance across the division and any variances to Plan or Forecast, then work with team members to address any area of concerns
- Be the key financial contact for the CMO and nominated SLT members, be able to communicate information and insights to drive successful business outcomes by translating management information into concrete plans
- Liaise closely with the CMO and SLT members to proactively identify areas of profit improvement and risk
- Model the impact of various projects aimed at increasing value for the company
- Ongoing costs and resources management of the division, including analysis of key drivers across P&L
- Involvement in ad hoc business projects, to provide commercial insights to the initiatives
What You Will Bring
- Degree qualified with professional accounting or finance accreditation preferred (CA, CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience in an analytical role, either in practice or industry
- Advanced Excel skills
- Highly developed stakeholder management skills and ability to grow positive relationships
- Advanced problem-solving skills and strategic focus
- Ability to take a proactive approach in the execution of initiatives that will best support the strategic direction of MYOB
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
🎯 Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
🎯 Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
🎯 Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
🎯 A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
🎯 Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
🎯 Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!