Senior Product Designer - Practice
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
We’re MYOB, a business management platform designed to unleash the potential of businesses across Australia and New Zealand! As the #originalstartup, our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we are so much more. We help our Aussie and Kiwi customers unleash their full potential, giving them the tools to Start, Survive and Succeed: all in the one place.
We’re always on the hunt for those who bring a different perspective, diversity of thought and the drive to make our culture even better. Take your career to a new dimension at MYOB.
About the Team
Our Product team is the beating heart of MYOB. From discovery through to delivery plus Data and Insights, it’s made up of a broad and multi-disciplined group of specialists focused on designing products that help our customers optimise their business potential and creating best-in-class customer and user experiences.
What's great about MYOB:
- We're a product company that creates experiences that have a meaningful impact on people.
- We're a tech company. Post-its and table tennis, sure. But really it's that buzz of people thinking about, debating and making something.
- We work in cross-functional teams organised around customer value. Bringing together diverse groups of people with different skills and backgrounds is how we bring value to our customers.
- We get to work in a hybrid way. In the office, we make the most of our time to connect collaborate and focus on the deep work at home.
- When the time is right, we still come together in our Cremorne office for collaboration and coffee.
- Outstanding team culture is important to us.
What's amazing about design at MYOB:
- We have the autonomy to flex our design muscle over the full, end-to-end process, but we are a team of 40 passionate designers, across five cities.
- We love learning, and we have weekly critiques and jam sessions.
- We're a diverse team of product, service, visual designers researchers and writers.
- We don't throw our designs over the wall. We know that everyone here helps make the user experience, but the design team is trusted to make the call.
What we look for in designers:
Our designers cover a lot of ground. They:
- want to understand our customers and love using discovery techniques to do it
- Get their team involved and make sense of the findings
- Design by thinking and sketching and mulling and testing
- seek out critique and feedback to help improve themselves and their designs
- love seeing the world through someone else's eyes
- can communicate their ideas with developers and managers at the appropriate fidelity and expertly improve the collaboration between these teams
What will make us a match:
- Demonstrated experience in digital experience design
- Research and discovery techniques incl. Design validation/usability testing
- Digital product design & experience design (beyond the features)
- Human-centred design methodologies
- Information Architecture
- Facilitation - taking people on the journey
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Ability to work with appropriate design tools
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills working within (and across) cross-functional teams
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
🎯 Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
🎯 Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
🎯 Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
🎯 A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
🎯 Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
🎯 Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!