Senior User Researcher
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
We’re MYOB, a business management platform designed to unleash the potential of businesses across Australia and New Zealand! As the #originalstartup, our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we are so much more. We help our Aussie and Kiwi customers unleash their full potential, giving them the tools to Start, Survive and Succeed: all in the one place.
We’re always on the hunt for those who bring a different perspective, diversity of thought and the drive to make our culture even better. Take your career to a new dimension at MYOB.
About the role:
As a Senior Design Researcher, you will be an integral part of MYOB's design team. You'll drive design research projects relating to the entire customer journey, helping us build a fantastic experience that empowers our users. Your research expertise will unlock insights to inspire and influence our product managers, go-to-market and designers.
We have customers across Australia and New Zealand who rely on our products to run their business. Our researchers are central to understanding the needs of our customers, and your work will help inform our product strategy and roadmaps.
What’s great about being a researcher at MYOB!
- Our team is made up of around 40 passionate designers and a handful of researchers and writers across three cities
- We love learning and sharing – we have weekly critiques and regular brown-bag sessions.
- We’re supported by specialist visual designers, product designers, writers, researchers, and service designers.
- We have the right level of autonomy and ownership in what we design, and how we work with their teams to deliver it
- We love our customers, obsessed with making things that matter for the people who use our products
- We’re a part of a larger design, agency, and brand community at MYOB that empowers us to think about our customers’ experiences as a whole.
What you will bring to role:
As a senior design researcher, you will cover a lot of ground.
We're looking for a strong communicator that can translate customer needs and complex ideas into stories and insights that impact and inspire product delivery teams. You are an encouraging mentor that is willing to help other Designers, Product Managers and team mates to conduct quality user research.
You will have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience in a human science related field such as psychology, behavioural science, sociology, anthropology, human-computer interaction (HCI).
- Extensive hands-on experience designing and conducting end-to-end research using a variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- The ability to work alone or collaboratively with designers and product managers across multiple projects
- Enthusiasm for improving research operations, whether it be knowledge management, ethical conduct, or recruiting participants.
- Professional experience in a B2B or SaaS product environment would be a plus
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
🎯 Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
🎯 Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
🎯 Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
🎯 A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
🎯 Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
🎯 Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!