Head of Product Marketing, Financial Services
Marketing & Communications, Accounting & Finance, Product
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
We’re MYOB, a business management platform designed to unleash the potential of businesses across Australia and New Zealand! As the #originalstartup, our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we are so much more. We help our Aussie and Kiwi customers unleash their full potential, giving them the tools to Start, Survive and Succeed: all in the one place.
We’re always on the hunt for those who bring a different perspective, diversity of thought and the drive to make our culture even better. Take your career to a new dimension at MYOB.
About the opportunity
The Head of Product Marketing for Financial Services is a newly created position responsible for identifying, conceiving, developing and implementing the newly established Financial Services Product Marketing function.
Reporting to the General Manager of Financial Services, in this senior leadership position you'll lead a team of Product Marketers who are responsible for defining product propositions that deliver outstanding value for our customers and markets. You'll develop and implement marketing strategies to drive product awareness, generate demand, and accelerate revenue growth.
This role is the critical stitching between Product and the execution engines that exist across the other Lines of Business at MYOB.
What you'll do
In this role you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management, sales, digital, voice of customer and support operations to ensure successful go-to-market execution. You will also :
- Build, develop and mentor an impactful team, encouraging a culture of teamwork across various MYOB Product and Sales teams
- Continuously analyse product market dynamics, competitor offerings, and customer feedback to find opportunities for innovation and differentiation
- Ensure all Product Portfolios are supported with up to date competitor and customer insights in order to optimise product designs
- Craft market leading propositions that customers love
- Own the positioning of products in market, defining MYOB's value proposition and the language we use in marketing material and within the product
- Build and implement product marketing campaigns that resonate with customers and target audiences across all channels. Support product launches and handle the product through its lifecycle
- Work with Product Managers to implement and achieve target commercial success across every Financial Services product launch or feature release.
What experience we'd love you to bring!
- A combination of critical thinking, outstanding leadership, and hands-on execution
- Strong background in Financial Services or FinTech to help scale up the business
- Experience building and leading Product Marketing in a SaaS organisation designing and engaging customer and product propositions
- Strong appreciation of data and analytics, able to translate insights into actionable strategies and initiatives
- Exceptional leadership abilities, with a track record of successfully leading and developing impactful teams
- Proven ability to drive business growth, achieve revenue targets, and optimise key performance metrics
- Ability to work and succeed in a cross functional team environment and successfully deliver planned outcomes
- Excellent communicator (written, verbal, visual) and relationship builder
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
🎯 Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
🎯 Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
🎯 Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
🎯 A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
🎯 Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
🎯 Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!