Change Specialist - Senior Business Analyst
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Hi! And thanks for stopping by!
We’re MYOB, a business management platform designed to unleash the potential of businesses across Australia and New Zealand! As the #originalstartup, our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we are so much more. We help our Aussie and Kiwi customers unleash their full potential, giving them the tools to Start, Survive and Succeed: all in the one place.
We’re always on the hunt for those who bring a different perspective, diversity of thought and the drive to make our culture even better. Take your career to a new dimension at MYOB.
About the Team
This is a team that needs no introduction because customers drive our world. Support, Success & Consulting Services represent the voice of our customers and are a highly collaborative conduit between Sales, Tech, Product, and Marketing, ensuring the needs of our SME & Enterprise customers are understood and reflected across the business.
We are currently looking for a driven Business Analyst who can use their exceptional analytical and communication skills to collaborate and deliver value to our team. We work hard to achieve best practices and harness emerging trends and are looking for more awesome people to join the MYOB family.
The Senior Business Analyst and Change Specialist will work within the Consulting Services Operations Team and will be responsible for activities aimed at improving our processes and systems to ensure the Consulting Services team operates at a high level of efficiency. The successful applicant will gather information, map processes, develop enablement material, update our Confluence site and work collaboratively within our team and cross-functionally.
The role will evolve with changing business needs, however, the initial focus will include:
- Analyse existing systems, processes, and work practices to identify inefficiencies and recommend improvements.
- Triage new improvement requirements and manage prioritisation of initiatives considering effort and impact.
- Facilitate requirements gathering workshops and develop documentation to support initiatives.
- Document and map sophisticated processes and workflows.
- Develop change management programs to help adopt and embed changes.
- Develop enablement material to support training requirements.
- Update and maintain Consulting Services Information Hub and Workspace (via Atlassian Confluence).
- Develop test cases for new business processes and system improvements.
- Research new technological improvements for optimising the delivery of consulting services.
What you will bring:
You are a driven, self-motivated, resourceful, naturally curious individual who uses a creative mindset to tackle problems and help achieve excellence consistently. You have outstanding skills in crafting business processes. You enjoy gaining and sharing information and are comfortable with change.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as a senior business analyst preferably in consulting services.
- Experience driving system and process change.
- Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills and ability to interpret operational requirements.
- Advanced knowledge and experience developing process maps and data flows using business and data process mapping tools such as MS Visio, Lucidchart, Miro or others.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Atlassian Confluence.
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Theories and Principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation, facilitation and workshop skills.
- Ability to prioritise rapidly shifting priorities effectively.
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
🎯 Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
🎯 Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
🎯 Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
🎯 A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
🎯 Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
🎯 Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!