Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
We’re MYOB, a business management platform designed to unleash the potential of businesses across Australia and New Zealand! As the #originalstartup, our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we are so much more. We help our Aussie and Kiwi customers unleash their full potential, giving them the tools to Start, Survive and Succeed: all in the one place.
We’re always on the hunt for those who bring a different perspective, diversity of thought and the drive to make our culture even better. Take your career to a new dimension at MYOB.
About the Team
Overflowing with expertise, Group Services keeps MYOB highly tuned and up and running. Made up of several specialisd teams including commercial, finance, legal and risk, these are the professionals who drive our business performance, while always ensuring we’ve dotted our I's and crossed our T's!
As a member of our in-house legal team, you'll support MYOB’s Australian and New Zealand operations across a broad range of commercial law areas, cutting through the legal jargon and to achieve practical and business-oriented results. This is a chance to use your legal skills working at a dynamic technology company where you’re welcomed to show your authentic self at work.
- Provide guidance to the business on matters related to business deals and contracts, customer contracts and strategic partnerships as well as marketing, consumer law, IT, IP, privacy and dispute resolution.
- Work with stakeholders at all levels of the business to review, draft and negotiate various types of commercial contracts.
- Help identify and reduce risk across the region in relation to data governance, privacy, cyber security, consumer and electronic communications laws.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams, working with members of MYOB’s product, technology, procurement and marketing business units, as well as the executive and senior leadership teams
What you will bring
- A law degree and a current practicing certificate in Australia.
- Minimum 2 years’ post-qualification experience at a reputable law firm or in-house legal department.
- Legal background in one or more of these areas: commercial contracts, technology, financial services, corporate advisory, intellectual property, privacy, or consumer law.
- A keen interest in technology, innovation or legal operations.
- Strong commercial acumen and excellent communication skills
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
🎯 Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
🎯 Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
🎯 Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
🎯 A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
🎯 Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
🎯 Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!