Product Manager - Practice
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2023
We’re MYOB, a business management platform designed to unleash the potential of businesses across Australia and New Zealand! As the #originalstartup, our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we are so much more. We help our Aussie and Kiwi customers unleash their full potential, giving them the tools to Start, Survive and Succeed: all in the one place.
We’re always on the hunt for those who bring a different perspective, diversity of thought and the drive to make our culture even better. Take your career to a new dimension at MYOB.
About the Team
Our Product team is the beating heart of MYOB. From discovery through to delivery plus Data and Insights, it’s made up of a broad and multi-disciplined group of specialists focused on designing products that help our customers optimise their business potential and creating best-in-class customer and user experiences.
As a Product Manager, you'll deeply understand customers, define a strategy to meet their needs, then lead a cross functional team to deliver great products that serve customers and work for the business.
This role will sit as part of MYOB's Practice team, which includes a range of products for accountants and professional services businesses. Initially this role is likely to focus on Nimbus, a document management tool that helps our customers collaborate and manage their documents in a seamless and secure way.
As a Product Manager for Nimbus, the focus will be to deeply understand our users and their needs in order to define, iterate and drive the product strategy. You will be leading a cross-functional team to solve real problems and create new value for customers.
- Conduct discovery, user research, and market analysis to identify and validate customer needs, problems, and opportunities.
- Define and prioritise user stories, collaborating with engineering and design colleagues to deliver them.
- Connect with our internal and external partners such as marketing, sales, customer success, and partners to ensure product alignment and adoption.
- Create and maintain a product roadmap and backlog, aligning with the company's vision and goals.
- Evaluate the impact and performance of the product and new releases using quantitative and qualitative metrics and iterate based on findings and feedback.
About you and your skills:
We're looking for a strong Product Manager with experience in delivering online SaaS applications or within a consumer-facing company. Working in an agile development environment, you will use your existing skills and knowledge to influence decisions and lead your cross functional team to success.
We'd love to see:
- Demonstrated excellence launching and enhancing software products, with a track record of leading all aspects of a product throughout its lifecycle.
- Strong experience leading Discovery work, at the initiative, epic and story level
- A highly user-centric and data-driven approach, with experience in conducting user research, market analysis, and A/B testing.
- Outstanding numerical, literacy, and data skills, with an attention to detail, able to interpret sophisticated data sets and draw insights from them
- Experience in accounting, professional services or document management domains a strong plus, but not a requirement
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
🎯 Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
🎯 Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
🎯 Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
🎯 A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
🎯 Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
🎯 Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!