Finance Support Officer - 12 Month Contract
Accounting & Finance, Customer Service
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
We’re MYOB, a business management platform designed to unleash the potential of businesses across Australia and New Zealand! As the #originalstartup, our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we are so much more. We help our Aussie and Kiwi customers unleash their full potential, giving them the tools to Start, Survive and Succeed: all in the one place.
We’re always on the hunt for those who bring a different perspective, diversity of thought and the drive to make our culture even better. Take your career to a new dimension at MYOB.
About the Team
Overflowing with expertise, Group Services keeps MYOB highly tuned and up and running. Made up of several specialisd teams including commercial, finance, legal and risk, these are the professionals who drive our business performance, while always ensuring we’ve dotted our I's and crossed our T's!
As our newest Finance Support Officer, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks including data entry into MYOB internal systems, payment reconciliations, and finance assistance, while providing a high level of customer service to both internal, and external stakeholders.
Please note that this is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
What you'll be focused on...
- Ensure that recurring invoicing between our CRM systems runs smoothly
- Process Reseller, Partner Applications and Reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner as well as Direct Debit processes
- Process payments effectively and efficiently (Refunds, commissions)
- Undertake daily review of data maintenance and update CRM systems
- Undertake daily cash receipt processing, with high attention to detail
- Identify barriers to efficient processing – investigate root causes to problems, make recommendations to improve current processes, implement changes
What we'd love to see from you...
- Proven experience in an accounts / finance environment
- Knowledge of accounting systems and basic accounting principles and practices
- Experience on collaborating closely with both internal and external clients
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Excel and finance software packages is an advantage
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
🎯 Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
🎯 Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
🎯 Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
🎯 A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
🎯 Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
🎯 Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!