Product Segment Lead - SNB
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
We’re MYOB, a business management platform designed to unleash the potential of businesses across Australia and New Zealand! As the #originalstartup, our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we are so much more. We help our Aussie and Kiwi customers unleash their full potential, giving them the tools to Start, Survive and Succeed: all in the one place.
We’re always on the hunt for those who bring a different perspective, diversity of thought and the drive to make our culture even better. Take your career to a new dimension at MYOB.
About the Team
Our Product team is the beating heart of MYOB. From discovery through to delivery plus Data and Insights, it’s made up of a broad and multi-disciplined group of specialists focused on designing products that help our customers optimise their business potential and creating best-in-class customer and user experiences.
You’ll be part of a Product team responsible for designing innovative, forward-thinking products that people enjoy using. The customer is at the centre of everything we do, and we’re always working to learn what they need from MYOB.
In this role, you are a committed, innovative, and inspiring leader, who provides clear focus and direction for your customer segment. They are passionate about understanding the current and future needs of their customer to help define the product vision and bring it to life. you love to think, do, and learn!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Product Segment Lead, you play a critical role in leading Product Managers and Senior Product Managers, and their cross-functional teams in the development and delivery of software capabilities for the heart and soul of MYOB, SME. Working closely with the senior leadership team, you will use your vision and creativity, coupled with your commercial and pragmatic approach, to define, prioritise and achieve our strategic business objectives within the context of a customer segment.
You will play a meaningful role as a People Leader, defining the team’s structure and ways of working to ensure we are positioned for long term success. You will be responsible for coaching and mentoring your team members while sustaining high employee engagement throughout your teams.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
We also are looking for people with the following expertise:
- Commercially oriented, skilled in customer and data-led decision making and confident in exercising judgement in commercial analysis to provide solid recommendations.
- Highly developed management and leadership skills at a senior level in a SaaS or digital Product environment, with extensive experience balancing competing priorities
- Strong leadership skills including coaching/mentoring, critical thinking, facilitation, change leadership, and team development
- Proven experience in managing high-performance Product capabilities, utilising agile methodologies
- Experience working in complex system architectures, including both web and smart client technology
- Experience in cloud SaaS products is crucial such as ERP, Payroll, CRM , Workforce Management or other business management capabilities.
- Ability to attract, retain and inspire top talent in the market and existing team
- Ability to build trusting, significant relationships with customers, peers, team members, partners, and suppliers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical influencing, and negotiation
- A proven track record in identifying and delivering innovative product and/or solutions to meet strategic and tactical operational requirements
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
🎯 Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
🎯 Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
🎯 Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
🎯 A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
🎯 Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
🎯 Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!