Senior Engineering Manager, SME
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
We’re MYOB, a business management platform designed to unleash the potential of businesses across Australia and New Zealand! As the #originalstartup, our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we are so much more. We help our Aussie and Kiwi customers unleash their full potential, giving them the tools to Start, Survive and Succeed: all in the one place.
We’re always on the hunt for those who bring a different perspective, diversity of thought and the drive to make our culture even better. Take your career to a new dimension at MYOB.
About the Team
Our Tech team are true heroes. They’ve taken our legacy success and transformed it into an extraordinary SaaS platform to support SME and Enterprise businesses in ways they never knew they needed. By joining the Tech team, you’ll be an integral part of building our all-in-one business management platform.
As the Senior Technology Manager responsible for Engineering, you will lead teams of teams to achieve outstanding results for a specific customer segment, Soloists and New Business (SNB) within our SME Line of Business.
SNB owns the bulk of products in MYOB's Business Management Platform vision and this opportunity will put yourself at the heart and soul of MYOB.
You will work with existing products, and strive to make them even more loved and widely adopted in the Australian and New Zealand small business community, by optimising user experience in partnership with Product, Design and Product Marketing.
You will build an understanding and empathy for these customers, and play the lead role in designing and driving the segment engineering strategy. You will help build and deliver outstanding products and experiences so these customers and MYOB can grow together.
- Leading Delivery & Engineering Managers and their teams in the development and delivery of software features for our customers and our business management platform.
- Work closely with senior leadership in the SME vertical, using vision, creativity and pragmatism, to define, prioritise and drive our strategic business objectives.
- Explore groundbreaking technology and bring commercial nous to articulate how - MYOB and the Segment can benefit from engineering practices.
- Be an innovative and inspiring leader, willing to take action while providing clear focus and direction for delivery teams.
- Ensure that the team's structure and ways of working are aligned with the segment, vertical, and MYOB's strategy and positioning for long term success.
- Play a significant role as a leader of leaders, driving high employee engagement, and building a culture of learning through coaching and mentoring of teams.
The experience we'd love you to bring
- Highly developed management and leadership skills in an engineering environment, with extensive experience balancing priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including coaching, mentoring, critical thinking, facilitation, change leadership, and team development.
- Proven experience in managing high performance development capabilities, utilising agile methodologies.
- Experience working in complex system architectures, including both web and smart client technology.
- Experience in cloud platform & product development and operations.
- Ability to attract and retain talent and to engage large teams.
- Ability to build trusting, meaningful relationships with peers, partners and suppliers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Experience in identifying and delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet strategic and tactical operational requirements.
- Love and passion for technology and community.
If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, you should work at MYOB.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
🎯 Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
🎯 Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
🎯 Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
🎯 A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
🎯 Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
🎯 Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!