Senior Engineering Manager, Security
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2024
We’re MYOB, a business management platform designed to unleash the potential of businesses across Australia and New Zealand! As the #originalstartup, our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we are so much more. We help our Aussie and Kiwi customers unleash their full potential, giving them the tools to Start, Survive and Succeed: all in the one place.
We’re always on the hunt for those who bring a different perspective, diversity of thought and the drive to make our culture even better. Take your career to a new dimension at MYOB.
About the Team
Our Tech team are true heroes. They’ve taken our legacy success and transformed it into an extraordinary SaaS platform to support SME and Enterprise businesses in ways they never knew they needed. By joining the Tech team, you’ll be an integral part of building our all-in-one business management platform.
The Senior Engineering Manager, plays a pivotal role in shaping our cyber security strategy, driving innovation, and ensuring the safety of our products and services. You’ll collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, mentor engineers, and contribute to the overall success of our organisation.
Are you ready to secure the MYOB SaaS platform while maintaining agility and innovation? You will play a key role in leading our Product Security and Security Engineering teams in the development and delivery of trusted software for our customers and our business platform.
In this newly created role you will also be involved in the following :
- Work closely with senior leadership across the company, using your vision, creativity and pragmatism, to define, prioritise and drive our cyber security objectives within the context of the business strategy.
- Identify and mitigate security risks across our SaaS offerings, ensuring security by design, privacy, and resilience.
- Explore and be ahead of the latest in groundbreaking technology, bringing commercial nous on how MYOB can benefit from the best engineering practices;
- Be an innovative and inspiring leader, willing to take action while providing clear focus and direction for delivery teams
- Ensure that the team's structure and ways of working are aligned with the line of business, and MYOB's strategy and positioned for long term success;
The experience we'd love you to bring
- Highly developed management and leadership skills in an engineering environment, with extensive experience balancing priorities
- Demonstrated leadership skills including coaching/mentoring, critical thinking, facilitation, change leadership, and team development
- Proven experience in managing product security and security engineering teams
- Familiarity with SaaS architecture, cloud security, and DevSecOps practices
- Ability to attract and retain talent and to engage large teams
- Ability to build trusting, meaningful relationships with peers, partners and suppliers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate
- Experience in identifying and delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet strategic and tactical operational requirements
- Love and passion for what you do, shown in your delivery.
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
🎯 Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
🎯 Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
🎯 Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
🎯 A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
🎯 Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
🎯 Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!