Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.Nelnet is looking for a data-driven, strategic, and experienced Web Strategist to join our Marketing team. In this role, you’ll work with clients, creatives, and developers to create online experiences that result in increased performance across all divisions of Nelnet.
- Lead the scope of web projects from proposal to technical work, and the final delivery of the project
- Develop strategic digital recommendations based on business goals and performance data, for the continuous improvement of all Nelnet sites
- Prepare project briefs and lead kickoff meetings for digital projects
- Translate expectations to the development and creative teams
- Collaborate with teams from various disciplines to define requirements, inform content, and design strategy
- Build strong relationships with everyone involved in the project
- Utilize Workfront to manage resourcing and schedule milestones while ensuring that commitments are aligned with the client strategy
- Meet project goals within the specified budget of the client and the organization
- Own and refine optimization and personalization strategies to deliver success against specific KPIs for each line of business
- Create in-depth reports on site performance, and communicate recommendations to stakeholders
- Design, build, and execute testing approaches for websites and landing pages
- Use analytics platforms and other tools to monitor and analyze performance outcomes
- Embrace a workplace that values hourly laughs as much as quarterly reports
**Pay range for this position is - $70k-$80k
4-year degree in marketing, advertising, or related field
2-4+ years in a web strategy, digital strategy, or project management position, with an understanding of web standards and optimization
- Experience optimizing, growing, and maintaining websites
- A deep understanding of web standards and the relationship between content, visual design, user experience, and technology
- Strong knowledge of SEO, and experience using SEMrush, or similar SEO tools
- Familiarity with UX/UI design best practices and principles
- Experience with A/B testing and ability to develop hypotheses and create test plans for improving sites and user experiences
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under deadlines
- Experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams in a collaborative way
- Strong problem-solving and ideation skills
- Experience using Workfront, or similar work management tools
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Data Studio, or similar analytics tools
- Proficiency with wire framing tools
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.