Intern - FACTS Ed Educator Services - NBS
Our Vision: We make dreams possible.
Yes, we’re a student loan servicer. We’re also a technology company, idea incubator, start-up accelerator, and K-12 and higher education expert. At Nelnet, we’re so much more than what you think—and we’re just getting started. So, no matter what you want to do in life—build codes or build brands—we’re the best place to do it.
Join Nelnet as an intern and do real work that matters to our business. All Nelnet interns receive one-on-one mentorship, competitive pay, casual dress, flexible schedule, intern-specific programming, and meaningful work experience.
Apply to one of our internships today. Your career awaits.The FACTS Ed Educator Services Intern will have the opportunity to support nonpublic schools across the nation as they utilize federal funding. The primary role of this individual is to generate compliance documentation and invoice information for services delivered to partners and communicate all accurate information with the Accounting Team for invoicing. The individual will work closely with the other FACTS Ed operations & sales team members. This position requires strong attention to detail, a love for spreadsheets and a passion to change the lives of students through education.
1. Work with the RVPs and RAMS to confirm successful implementation of services that are ready to invoice
2. Assist with creating & maintaining process and report documentation
3. Develop working knowledge of Ed Services’ process, working with internal managers and supervisors, communicating frequently and escalating issues as necessary
4. Assist Accounting Team by providing accurate and timely compliance documentation to SharePoint
5. Assist in coordinating, leading, and attending meetings as requested
1. Pursuing a 2-yr or 4-yr degree in accounting, business, or related field
1. Experience in Microsoft office applications
2. Basic data entry
1. Accounting experience
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Excellent organizational skills
2. Attention to detail
3. High quality standards
4. Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
5. High standards for productivity using effective organization, time management and prioritization skills
6. Ability to work independently but also collaborate with a team
7. Ability to follow projects through to successful completion
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.