Facts SIS K12 Product Owner II
Nelnet Business Services (NBS), a division of Nelnet, Inc., provides payment technology, education services, and learning management solutions to education and faith-based organizations, serving more than 1,300 higher education institutions, 11,500 K-12 schools, 3,500 churches, and millions of individual students, families, and supporters across the globe. Our culture of service enables us to form long-lasting and trusted partnerships, while our focus on creativity and innovative solutions empowers our customer communities to thrive.
As a Nelnet company, the perks at NBS go beyond our benefits package. You’re part of a community, invested in you as an individual and united by our mission to create opportunities for people where they live, learn and work.The Product Owner II coordinates product development, release planning, and manages the overall successful delivery of new and existing products. This position focuses on continuing to develop skills and mentoring/training other Product Owners.
1. Works very closely with agile development teams to create use cases, requirements, and estimations in support of company objectives.
2. Involved in documenting release notes and managing the analytics behind the customer’s journey through our products.
3. Spends a significant amount of time validating UX mocks and early-stage simulations with clients.
4. Works with development teams to ensure solutions meet market expectations.
5. Works with sales, technical sales, marketing and product manager to provide content for sales, user training and documentation tools.
6. Ensures client documentation is updated and effective including release notes and roadmaps.
7. Launches new products with assistance from the Product Manager.
8. Works with clients directly and manages a client feedback tool to ensure voice of the customer is heard and felt in each product.
9. Studies and reports on product analytics.
10. Resource for onboarding new team members.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $80,000
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
1. 2+ years related experience or existing product knowledge.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects.
2. Flexibility to adapt quickly to new requirements, situations, programs, and services.
3. Strong customer focus.
4. Ability to be a team player.
5. Good time management and organizational skills.
6. Strong written and oral communication skills.
7. Strong problem solving skills.
8. Demonstrated respect, collaboration, and pride in ownership.
9. Ability to adapt to change.
10. Focus on delivering value.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.