Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, renewable energy solutions, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.We are looking for a DevSecOps Engineer that is responsible for provisioning, configuring, and monitoring the infrastructure resources for systems hosted in our AWS cloud environment. We strongly believe in the value of GitOps, DevOps, and DevSecOps. We are building a Cloud Application Platform team to accelerate our migration out of the datacenter and fuel our modernization. Our team believes the full lifecycle of cloud systems (deployment, maintenance, retirement) should be managed via code. Our team is challenged to maintain NIST security standards and understands GitOps processes are the key to meeting this challenge. As we continue our move into the cloud, we plan to support a wide range of development teams who are looking to modernize their applications via a container-first strategy.
An ideal team member will be a DevSecOps engineer that has solid experience with many of these technologies, however select specialization in just a few will also be considered with great interest.
1. Monitor and support all installed systems and infrastructure.
2. Evaluate system performance, identify potential bottlenecks, develop solutions, and implement change via the change management process
3. Design, implement and monitor enterprise-grade secure fault-tolerant infrastructure
4. Define and evolve Build & Release best practice by working within teams and educating the other stakeholder teams. These best practices should support traceability & auditability of change.
5. Ensure continuous availability of various DevOps tools supporting SCM & Release Management including Source Control, Continuous Integration, & Change Management.
6. Work with cross-functional teams in design, development and implementation of enterprise scalable features related to enabling higher developer productivity, environment monitoring and self-healing, and facilitate autonomous delivery teams.
7. Build infrastructure automation tools and frameworks
8. Integrate newly developed and existing applications into cloud environments
9. Automate deployment pipelines in a scalable, secure and reliable manner
10. Leverage application monitoring tools to troubleshoot and diagnose environment issues
11. Have a culture of automation where any repetitive work is automated
12. Work closely with Cloud Infrastructure and Security teams to ensure organizational best practices, policies, and procedures are followed
13. Automation of security controls
***Pay Range for this position is - $85,000-$135,000
1. 1-3+ years of experience with AWS DevOps, cloud architecture, networking, deployment processes, and infrastructure as code tools
2. Experience solving complex problems, creating algorithms, and working through challenging requirements
3. Experience creating software in an agile, iterative environment
4. Experience with source control (Git, branching, merging, etc.)
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Contributes to a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement
2. Educates teams on adoption and support of DevSecOps practices and tooling
3. Takes individual initiative to follow industry thought leaders, maintain professional qualifications, and participate in company as well as global communities of interest
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; with the ability to communicate technical concepts and strategies at all levels of the organization
5. Must be detail oriented, critical thinker, possess excellent problem-solving skills
6. Ability to coach, mentor, and teach team members
7. Ability to handle a dynamic work environment
8. Effective organization and time management skills
9. Ability to obtain a security clearance
10. Knowledge in the area of Federal Government NIST compliance preferred
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.