Academic Tutor| Full Time On-site | Goodyear, AZ (St. John Vianney)
FACTS, a division of Nelnet, Inc., provides a comprehensive suite of technology products and education services to more than 11,500 K-12 schools across the globe. Our culture of service enables us to form long-lasting and trusted partnerships, while our focus on creativity and innovative solutions elevates the education experience for students, families, teachers, and school administrators.
As a Nelnet company, the perks at FACTS go beyond our benefits package. You’re part of a community, invested in you as an individual and united by our mission to create opportunities for people where they live, learn and work.Title Teachers are required to plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary or secondary learning environment that is safe, guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
This is a Full Time in-person position located in Goodyear, AZ at St. John Vianney.
Pay Rate: $30/hour
1. Provide all compliance and other related documentation to FACTS Ed in the timelines communicated.
2. Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
3. Develop schemes of work, lesson plans and assessments that are in accordance with established procedures and best practices.
4. Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
5. Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
6. Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
7. Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
8. Provide appropriate feedback on work.
9. Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
10. Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
11. Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
12. Prepare required reports on students and activities.
13. Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings.
14. Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
15. Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
16. Prepare classroom for class activities.
17. Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
18. Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
19. Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
20. As a Title I Teacher, the following responsibilities apply:
• Deliver supplemental instruction through push-in pull-out programs during the school day and/or after school.
• Implement supplemental programs in the areas of reading, language arts, and mathematics, according to Title I regulations, and FACTS Education Solutions’ procedures, policies, and contract requirements.
• Analyze assessment data to create individualized learning paths and activities that supplement classroom instruction.
• Incorporate the use of online lessons and activities via iPads/tablets/laptops.
• Provide district, school leadership, parents and classroom teachers with pre- and post-assessment data, student progress reports and supporting compliance documentation as required.
• Establish strong parent involvement programs and relationships that encourage student participation and success.
• Collaborate and establish relationships with colleagues to create a strong partnership/school community.
• Manage inventory of Title I resources.
1. Bachelor of Art/Science required (preferably in Education).
2. Master’s Degree preferred.
1. Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a classroom setting or comparable experience.
2. Experience working with English Language Learners preferred.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Passion for education, focusing on the success and achievements of students, parents and fellow educators.
2. Basic knowledge and understanding of federal programs, policies and procedures.
3. Exemplary skills monitoring, tracking and evaluating data to assess program effectiveness.
4. Technically savvy.
5. Demonstrated ability to set priorities and achieve results.
6. Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.