Chief Financial Officer- Nelnet Renewable Energy
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, renewable energy solutions, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.Establishes, implements, and maintains the financial plans and policies for Nelnet Renewable Energy (NRE). NRE has three primary business verticals, which includes Engineering Procurement & Construction, Tax Equity Investment & Syndication, and Equity Investments & Developments. This role is also responsible for fiscal controls, preparation and interpretation of financial reports and related analysis, oversight of financial forecasting, evaluation of resource utilization, and making recommendations to optimize performance of the organization. Develops and maintains overall accounting policies and controls. Assists in long-range planning and advises management on financial affairs.
• Effectively manage the financial position and accounting of multiple legal entities and operations with a strong understanding of the relevant accounting rules that apply to all business verticals. This includes multiple intercompany transactions, accounting for minority interests, percentage-of-completion accounting, HLBV accounting, and key performance indicators.
• Coordinate development of quarterly operating, capital, and program budgets, as well as reporting for the same
• Develop and implement best practices and tools to ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organization that has strong fiscal management, project coordination, cross-team communications, and workflows
• Comply with national and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, staying current with industry dynamics, and taking appropriate action
• Work with senior managers to efficiently develop cash and financial budgets, provide access to project finance information and evaluate business line performance
• Research revenue opportunities and economic trends, analyze internal operations and identify areas for cost reduction, revenue growth, and process enhancement
• Perform risk management through analysis of company liabilities and investments, and evaluate and manage capital structure and fundraising initiatives
• Monitor business performance with tracking tools, establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports for earnings calls, management team, and rest of the company
• Manage finance team, ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory entities (ex: Financial Accounting Standards Board, Internal Revenue Service, state taxing authorities)
• 4 year college degree in accounting or finance required, Advanced degree and related certifications preferred
• 10+ years of experience in finance and/or accounting, construction industry preferred.
• Commensurate executive leadership and supervisory experience required.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
• In-depth knowledge of financial, accounting, treasury, and capital market activities
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities while leading team members and working across the organization with colleagues to achieve results
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to achieve goals
• Decision Making and Critical Thinking
• Demonstrated aptitude for evaluating and learning new technologies
• Planning: Tactical, Strategic
• Managing Workforce Diversity
• Project Management
• Team Management and Team Building
Salary range is $175,000- $250,000 DOE
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.