Video & Motion Graphics Designer
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, renewable energy solutions, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.Nelnet’s in-house marketing agency is looking for a Video & Motion Graphics Designer. Our team, comprised of over 30 professionals, supports the marketing, advertising, and branding efforts for Nelnet’s 24+ businesses. We produce effective, award-winning creative that helps move Nelnet forward.
The Video & Motion Graphics Designer works directly with the Video Art Director on concepting, creating, and executing visual design. This includes storyboarding, producing, and designing motion graphics and live action. The V&MG Designer is responsible for implementing best practices in video design and other interactive media and maintaining quality of design throughout all phases of the project. The role has client interaction.
- Execute department video, motion graphics and animation, and live-event production.
- Ensure video concepts meet client’s stated goals and objectives.
- Assist in preparing storyboards, designs, and layouts, to be approved by the client.
- Assist in scouting, shot list creation, talent, props, and other aspects of video shoot planning.
- Identify and solve potential issues within projects that may impact deliverables or quality of work.
- Complete 508 compliance best practices for all videos.
- Work in tandem with Video Art Director and other creative team members on projects.
- Ensure deliverable are accurate and on strategy prior to final production.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and best practices, and actively apply new techniques and trends.
***Pay range for this position is - $50-65K
Bachelor’s degree in film studies, media arts, art & design, advertising, or related field.
- 3+ years video design experience, including motion graphics, live action, audio recording, and editing.
- 3D modeling/animation and graphic design experience preferred, but not required.
- A portfolio of work containing a range of video projects carried out from concept to final execution. Please provide a link or attachment with submission.
- Proficient with applications across the Adobe Creative Suite, including AfterEffects and Premiere, as well as audio recording software.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including necessary travel.
- Ability to work on multiple projects of varying complexity and successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.