Residential Solar Lead Installer- Nelnet Renewable Energy (Elk Grove Village, IL)
Nelnet Renewable Energy began from Nelnet, a company that started 40-plus years ago with a purpose to serve our customers and communities. Over the years, our corporate color green has taken on new meaning as we’ve applied multiple capabilities to our passion for supporting a transition to renewable energy. Learn more about who we are, what we do – and the many ways we can help you achieve your sustainability and financial goals.
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, renewable energy solutions, and K-12 and higher education expert.With our rapid growth, our team is ready to welcome an experienced and driven person to join our installation team. The ideal candidate for this position has experience in residential solar installation and leading a team of at least 2-5 employees.
**This position will be based out of our Elk Grove Village, IL Office**
• Supervise the installation team and lead day-to-day installation activities, in full collaboration with the lead electrician
• Provide guidance and leadership to enable staff to meet goals and objectives
• Identify training needs and opportunities
• Maintain and develop positive relationships with existing and prospective clients
• Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving
• Demonstrate excellent customer service and set an example for other staff
• The ability to work in a team environment and lead crews of 2-5 people
• Electrically run the wire for AC/DC system
• Review plan design and install all components of the solar system
• Mount racking and electrical equipment
• Maintain inventory for each installation
• Follow company and OSHA safety procedures
• Operate in a professional manner on each job site
• Miscellaneous errands including but not limited to: vehicle maintenance, warehouse organization, office upgrades, etc.
• Monthly installation bonuses based on success rate
• Career trajectory, development and continued education
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 2-5 years of solar installation experience (required)
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
• Comfortable working on rooftops of any heights/pitch
• Strong understanding of residential solar regulations
• Ability to lift, pull, and push materials to complete assigned job task upwards of 60 lbs
• Ability to meet hard and fast deadlines
• A clean driving record, a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Strong teamwork skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Professional appearance
• Team and Company growth mindset
Pay range for this role is $25.00-$30.00 an hour, depending on experience.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.