Accounting Manager - NBS - FACTS Ed
Nelnet Business Services (NBS), a division of Nelnet, Inc., provides payment technology, education services, and learning management solutions to education and faith-based organizations, serving more than 1,300 higher education institutions, 11,500 K-12 schools, 3,500 churches, and millions of individual students, families, and supporters across the globe. Our culture of service enables us to form long-lasting and trusted partnerships, while our focus on creativity and innovative solutions empowers our customer communities to thrive.
As a Nelnet company, the perks at NBS go beyond our benefits package. You’re part of a community, invested in you as an individual and united by our mission to create opportunities for people where they live, learn and work.The Manager II for FACTS Ed Solutions Accounting is instrumental in guiding the financial health of FACTS Education Solutions. This role oversees the daily operations of the FACTS Ed Solutions (FEDSOL) Accounting Department, ensuring precision accounting processes and spearheading the design, development, and monitoring of internal controls. In addition to being responsible for the company's Profit & Loss (P&L) statements, this position collaborates with the Operations Team on business projects and customer escalations. A crucial aspect of this role is fostering a culture of continuous improvement, adaptability, and collaboration.
1. Design, implement, and oversee internal controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with industry and regulatory standards.
2. Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of current internal controls and make necessary modifications to address emerging risks or process improvements.
3. Oversee the end-to-end contract-to-billing-to-collections process, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, adherence to contract terms, and prompt follow-up on outstanding receivables.
4. Oversee and manage the company's Profit & Loss statements, ensuring their accuracy, and conduct timely monthly reviews.
5. Lead and supervise Accounting Department activities, ensuring all financial transactions are accurately recorded, documented, and reconciled.
6. Collaborate with the operations team on projects and customer escalations related to the business's financial aspects.
7. Coach, motivate, and guide team members in goal setting and career path development, fostering a culture of continuous learning and adaptability.
8. Implement best practices in accounting operations to optimize efficiency and scale.
9. Assist with compiling and responding to requests related to required financial and service audits.
10. Work closely with the finance team and other departments to streamline processes, providing financial insights that influence decision-making.
11. Advocate and communicate solutions for continuous process improvement within the accounting team's functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent, related experience.
1. 5+ years accounting and/or financial statement audit experience or related financial statement analysis experience.
2. 3 years supervisory or leadership experience
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of internal controls as they relate to financial reporting, including knowledge of the COSO framework.
2. Understanding of accounting practices and procedures.
3. Ability to independently research the proper accounting treatment for significant and/or unusual transactions.
4. Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook, and any relevant financial software or ERP systems.
5. Ability to maintain the highest levels of accountability, confidentiality, ethics, and integrity.
6. Ability to lead, motivate, and foster a collaborative environment within the team.
7. Utilization of effective organization and prioritization skills to complete assignments within established timeframes.
8. Confident in oral and written communication, effectively engaging with all organization levels.
9. Initiative to troubleshoot independently, examining existing processes, and suggesting improvements.
10. Ability to work both independently and cooperatively within and across teams.
Candidates-compensation range for this position is $80,000 to $105,000 depending on experience.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.