Junior Commercial Estimator- Nelnet Renewable Energy
Nelnet Renewable Energy began from Nelnet, a company that started 40-plus years ago with a purpose to serve our customers and communities. Over the years, our corporate color green has taken on new meaning as we’ve applied multiple capabilities to our passion for supporting a transition to renewable energy. Learn more about who we are, what we do – and the many ways we can help you achieve your sustainability and financial goals.
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, renewable energy solutions, and K-12 and higher education expert.Do you thrive in a dynamic work environment where there’s never a dull moment? Do you want to work for a company that actually cares about you and celebrates your achievements? Then you sound like the type of person we’re looking for!
With our rapid growth, our team is ready to welcome an experienced and driven person to join our operations team to oversee pre-construction estimating for future projects. This position is for an experienced and knowledgeable person who loves new and challenging opportunities with every new project bid.
We’re hoping that you have familiarity in the solar industry and a willingness to learn more. You’ll be managing an important aspect of development for Nelnet Renewable Energy and helping our operations team prepare for exciting new opportunities!
● Gather proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents for estimation
● Review documents to identify labor, material, and time requirements for each project
● Estimate cost/pricing for bid materials and labor
● Prepare and manage accurate and complete bid packages
● Ensure compliance with building, electrical, safety, and government regulations
● Consistently meet the overall project deadlines in a timely manner
● Successfully manage multiple projects through all phases
● Assists with other duties as assigned by the Director of Estimating
What We’re Looking For:
● 1-3 years of commercial solar estimating experience
● Familiar with wire sizing, pricing, initial engineering, estimating labor hours, creating a project budget, etc.
● Ability to read/understand solar designs including array layouts, wire runs, interconnections, and one-line diagrams
● Current knowledge of the NEC and all building codes applicable for proper solar, and electrical system designs
● Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
● Excellent organizational and time management skills
● Knowledge of basic electrical design, theory, and concepts
● Ability to work independently
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; both written and verbal.
● Ability to collaborate closely with other team members on a wide variety of projects
● Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam, Google Earth, PVBid and AutoCAD
Pay range for this role is $60,000-$80,000 annually, depending on experience.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.