Business Development Executive - Northeast Territory
Nelnet Business Services (NBS), a division of Nelnet, Inc., provides payment technology, education services, and learning management solutions to education and faith-based organizations, serving more than 1,300 higher education institutions, 11,500 K-12 schools, 3,500 churches, and millions of individual students, families, and supporters across the globe. Our culture of service enables us to form long-lasting and trusted partnerships, while our focus on creativity and innovative solutions empowers our customer communities to thrive.
As a Nelnet company, the perks at NBS go beyond our benefits package. You’re part of a community, invested in you as an individual and united by our mission to create opportunities for people where they live, learn and work.Outside sales position charged with increasing net new business for Nelnet Campus Commerce including the retention, growth and cross-selling of current customers and new higher education institutions. This position is located in our Northeast territory.
1. Establish new business with Higher Education institutions throughout designated multi-state sales territory.
2. Retain and expand existing relationships with institutions, organizations, and affiliations responsible for or involved in higher education in designated sales territory.
3. Represent Nelnet Campus Commerce at industry and association conventions, meetings and gatherings.
4. Develop strategic marketing plans for designated territory.
5. Coordinate and conduct seminars / webinars for prospective and existing client institutions.
6. Maintain Nelnet Campus Commerce CRM system (Salesforce) for designated territory.
7. Achieve annual sales goals as defined by Managing Director and Regional Director, Higher Ed Sales.
8. Independently manage a complete sales process from prospecting to contract execution.
9. Travel up to 75%
Base Salary Range - $120,000 - $136,000
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, preferably in business or technology.
1. Minimum of 5 years of successful and highly accomplished professional experience in outside sales territory management including generating new business, maintaining current customer base and identifying and closing cross-sell opportunities.
2. Experience in related technology or education field preferred.
3. Higher education marketplace network a plus.
4. Familiarity with the Bursar/Student Accounts Office/CFO/CIO/IT functions within higher education a plus.
5. Payments industry experience a plus.
6. Experience with commonly utilized ERP systems within Higher Education- Oracle (PeopleSoft, Cloud), Ellucian (Banner, Colleague, Power Campus), Workday, Jenzabar, etc. is preferred.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
2. Outgoing personality.
3. Aptitude for Information Technology.
4. Strong sales/presentation acumen.
5. High level of integrity and ability to accurately convey information.
6. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced organization.
7. Self-motivated in order to achieve daily call volumes, as well as monthly and quarterly performance metrics.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and sales tracking systems (e.g. Outlook, Salesforce, etc.), as well as the capacity to effectively and efficiently learn about various software solutions.
9. Ability to effectively communicate the value proposition of various software solutions to current and prospective clients, as well as conduct in-depth interviews to uncover pain points and potential opportunities.
10. Aptitude to learn new markets and solution suites.
11. Familiarity with research tools, networking sites and advanced internet search techniques.
12. Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
13. Skilled communicator with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
14. Professional demeanor.
15. Excellent organization, prioritization and analytical skills.
16. Ability to work in a team environment.
17. Self-confident with high energy and a “Can Do” attitude.
19. Responsive with good follow-through.
20. Willingness to adopt and promote Nelnet Campus Commerce policies and best practices and comply with standard operating procedures..
21. Good time management with the ability to meet performance guidelines.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.