Nelnet Business Services (NBS), a division of Nelnet, Inc., provides payment technology, education services, and learning management solutions to education and faith-based organizations, serving more than 1,300 higher education institutions, 11,500 K-12 schools, 3,500 churches, and millions of individual students, families, and supporters across the globe. Our culture of service enables us to form long-lasting and trusted partnerships, while our focus on creativity and innovative solutions empowers our customer communities to thrive.
As a Nelnet company, the perks at NBS go beyond our benefits package. You’re part of a community, invested in you as an individual and united by our mission to create opportunities for people where they live, learn and work.The Systems Analyst works closely with various business lines, NBS Cybersecurity Team, NBS Infrastructure Team, and our IT shared services team to help determine, implement, and define security measures and processes needed to adequately protect our organization. This position performs information technology risk management functions, providing expertise and direction in support of internal reviews and internal and external audits, including control documentation, risk assessments, adherence to controls and remediation activities. In addition, the Systems Analyst, defines, implements, maintains and trains on information technology processes supporting industry best practices and information security standards. This position also performs complex systems analysis, develops and maintains reporting for KPI metrics, develops processes and procedures, and works on research assignments to facilitate successful and auditable delivery in IT.
1. Follow all corporate policies and act as a subject matter expert on Information Security related policies, standards, processes, and procedures. (Responsible for lifecycle management of related documentation. Identifies risks and standards in jeopardy and supports corrective actions.)
2. Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of NBS software, systems, and data.
3. Follow regulatory requirements (i.e., PCI Security Standards Council, OWASP, NACHA, SOC, etc.) and internal security policies and standards when implementing solutions that protect the security of NBS.
4. Assist in the development and maintenance of methods to monitor compliance with regulatory standards and corporate security policies.
5. Assist in validating secured environments through the use of information security tools, processes, and procedures.
6. Stay updated on current security threats and risks to the company.
7. Provide expertise interpreting and assist with reporting on the FISMA, PCI, NIST, SOC1/SOC2.
8. Provide coordination and guidance on questions, problems, or remediation efforts supporting corporate security policies.
9. Act as technical advisor to recommend solutions for project managers, analysts, system development resources, and trainers.
10. Coordinate and participate in audits, vulnerability testing, and compliance reviews representing information technology functions in support of security, audit, and risk needs.
11. Track and report on remediation efforts and escalate areas of risk and concern.
12. Facilitate, track, measure, interpret and report key information technology metrics.
13. Assist with coordination of information security compliance reviews and assessments.
14. Assist in security related communication with customers/potential customers to discuss their security concerns.
15. Participate in Security Incident Response exercises and document outcomes.
16. Act as liaison between corporate functions, internal/external clients, operations, and technical staff.
17. Work in conjunction with other departments to ensure the best corporate solutions are architected and deployed.
18. Collaborate with NBS Infrastructure Teams and Development Teams, as well as Corporate Security, to help manage process, response, and maintain remediation efforts.
19. Develop and maintain project communications and management reporting on quality reviews, as well as audit and remediation activities.
20. Explore concepts, ideas, and alternatives to reach outcomes that gain acceptance and support of all participants.
Salary Range: $60,000 - $75,000
Bachelor’s degree in Information Sciences or related field and/or commensurate experience preferred.
1. 4 + years in designing, developing, implementing, managing or supporting information technology solutions.
2. Experience and familiarity with various regulations governing IT environments.
3. Demonstrated industry experience and/or leading certifications in the relevant field.
4. Experience in information technology security, project management, data center operations, application development or support.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Word, Access, Visio and SharePoint.
2. Demonstrated knowledge and comprehension of technical system environments, including: infrastructure networks, web applications, Microsoft server systems, data storage and packaged software products.
3. Knowledge of security, control and computer technology.
4. Demonstrated goal orientation (set challenging, measured goals and takes appropriate actions to meet them).
5. Proven productivity and efficiency in completing deliverables.
6. Exceptional positive attitude and energized by new challenges.
7. Ability to consistently accept accountability for decisions made.
8. Knowledge and comprehension defining system requirements and managing projects.
9. Ability to develop new processes, analyze existing processes and recommend improvements.
10. Ability to complete complex and challenging assignments on time and with confidence.
11. Commitment to acquiring new knowledge and skills to improve success.
12. Exceptional problem-solving skills (i.e., identify root causes, think of new and creative ways to solve problems or pursue opportunities, and recommend solutions to complex problems).
13. Ability to identify business and customer needs and effectively communicate at all levels to build strong customer and peer relationships.
14. Exceptional oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and teamwork.
15. Understanding of the business, goals, information technology and security.
16. Ability to remain present and engaged while working through ambiguity.
17. Ability to effectively work and maintain a positive outlook in an ever changing environment (technology and business landscapes) and help others adapt.
18. Familiarity with DevSecOps Principles and Practices.
19. Familiarity with continuous integration and DevSecOps.
Colorado Residents: Salary Range $60,000-$80,000
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.