Manager of Product - Product Managers (Student Financials)
Nelnet Business Services (NBS), a division of Nelnet, Inc., provides payment technology, education services, and learning management solutions to education and faith-based organizations, serving more than 1,300 higher education institutions, 11,500 K-12 schools, 3,500 churches, and millions of individual students, families, and supporters across the globe. Our culture of service enables us to form long-lasting and trusted partnerships, while our focus on creativity and innovative solutions empowers our customer communities to thrive.
As a Nelnet company, the perks at NBS go beyond our benefits package. You’re part of a community, invested in you as an individual and united by our mission to create opportunities for people where they live, learn and work.Position Overview: This position leads a team of Product Managers, driving the identification of market problems and lucrative business opportunities. This role emphasizes the vital inclusion of direct client and user input throughout the discovery and design phases. With extensive expertise in the higher education student financials or financial aid domain, coupled with hands-on experience in academic institutions, the manager plays a pivotal role in shaping the strategic direction of our various products. This leadership ensures that the specific needs of our clients and users remain central throughout the development process.
1. Coaches, motivates, and professionally develops direct reports.
2. Builds strong relationships with IT, Product, and Operations’ leaders to seek feedback for continuous improvement.
3. Translates technical detail into business relevant language.
4. Sets clear team objectives and measurements aligned with organizational goals.
5. Responsible for performance evaluations and recommending compensation changes.
6. Promotes teamwork and cooperation within and across teams.
7. Implements lean solutions to improve team efficiency while maintaining effectiveness.
8. Assesses and improves team health.
9. Creates a culture that makes room for failure and learning.
10. Leads the hiring process for team members.
11. Contributes to department staffing plans and budget processes.
Salary for this role is: $110k- $115k
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
1. 3+ years higher education in Student Accounts and/or Financial Aid
2. Experience in mentoring and developing others.
3. Experience in Banner or Workday Student Information Systems preferred
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Strong team oriented interpersonal skills.
2. Excellent judgment and trustworthy.
3. Demonstrated competency in resolving diverse and complex business/technical problems.
4. Ability to instill a sense of purpose through talking about possibilities beyond today and being optimistic.
5. Ability to be realistic but also inspire and motivate others to perform their best or advance their skills.
6. Strong bias toward action and deliver of solutions/outcomes.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.